NBA 2017 - 2018

Admittedly biased, but I think Cleveland will be fine and if anything it’s a mark against Boston (depending on what they knew). When the Padres shipped off a guy to Boston without sharing the extent of his injuries, general consensus was that the Padres were going to be hard pressed to get some GMs on the phone after.

I mean, the “add-in” was literally the thing of the least possible worth they could add to the trade while still counting as a thing. To me it sounds a lot like:

• Cleveland: “IT is hurt!”
  • Boston: “We told you he was hurt, why do you think we gave you the Nets pick in the first place?”
  • Cleveland: “But… he’s hurt! We want more!”
  • Boston: “Okay, then go find someone to give you more. We’ll be waiting.”
  • Cleveland: frantically spends a week looking for a better trade
  • Cleveland: “Uh… can you give us something to save face? Anything?”
  • Boston: “Sure, have a second round pick. Three years from now.”
  • Cleveland: “Deal!”

Seriously, Cleveland knew he was hurt; he got injured in a game against them.

My personal guess? IT and/or Jae Crowder (whose mother passed away the same day he was traded) were pissed as all get-out so the Cavs took the time to smooth it over and make sure they weren’t going to inadvertently poison the locker room, using the physical to fall back on to cancel if that was going to be the case.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the rumors that KD has fake social media accounts he uses to defend himself.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

I read somewhere that the more likely scenario is that he has social media handlers w account access, and one of them forgot to logout of KDs account and had intended to post under his own name.

Staff members with account access is the new “I’ve been hacked!” Hehe.

For the sake of my sanity, I hope it’s true.

It really is.

Durant posts on social media all the time. Trying to pass this one off as a member of his social media team logged into his account is silly. He just done goofed.

ESPN had a fun breakdown of NBA players’ take-home pay. The percentages are pretty brutal.

I assume it’s hard to do a tax shelter scheme when it’s straight income like that.

Whoever thought it was a great idea to autoplay video/audio on websites needs to have their face shoved into a fucking garbage disposal.

I’d be happy take a 44% net if I could have even a fraction of their salary. :)

This, a million times this.

… but yeah, same here ;)

Melo to OKC for Kanter, McDermott and draft pick.

The West is staaaacked,

On the one hand, seems like the Thunder gave up a lot. Melo is 33, which is old in basketball years. But I guess if I get you over the top it’s worth it. On the other hand, the players they gave up seem like they are good pieces for a team that has specific meet rather than a team, rather than a team that is made up of crap. So I suspect the Knicks will squander whatever they can get out of Kanter and McDermott. And a 2nd round pick is not terribly worthwhile. So I guess at this point it seems like pretty even trade.

And man, the west IS stacked.

Holy shit, they got out of Kanter’s contract? That’s a deal right there. Same with turning Oladipo’s huge contract into PG13.

Anyway, yeah, I can’t wait to watch some of these West teams duke it out. A lot more interesting than the Orlando Magic, that’s for sure.

Westbrook signs extension with OKC…wait…wait…5 years…$205 million.

40 fucking million per year to play basketball. Insane.

It’s a lot, but I’d rather it go to the players than the owners just hoover it all up.

I’d rather the owners get it because I don’t see them or know how much money they earn, and they don’t give interviews after the game where they talk about how they just couldn’t bring the energy that night. But I don’t really mind that either.

I don’t like Westbrook or his game but this is great for a small market team like OKC.

Wait. What? How can you not like Russell Westbrook’s game? The dude is the most exciting player to watch in the NBA! He averaged a triple double for a season which shows it wasn’t all scoring either. Every time he has the basketball in his hands it’s like someone is pushing some hidden Extra Turbo Button in NBA Jam!

Westbrook is an impressive athlete, but I enjoy the team ball aspect. I don’t really like Westbrook’s game either.

No worries on that end, with 'Melo added to the mix.