NBA 2017 - 2018

Well, nobody puts LeBron in a corner

Let’s trade EVEERRRYYONNNNEEEE!

Aww, the Magic traded Elfrid Payton. I liked watching him a couple years ago. Too bad.

Probably one of the worst rebuilds in NBA history. A total failure. Aaron Gordon is the only good piece left.

The Internet is ON FIRE with the Doug McDermott for Mudiay trade.

There’s talk that Gordon will get the heave ho, too. Orlando is a disaster.

He’s a restricted free agent. I’d expect them to match any offer unless ownership won’t pay. I don’t know where they’d be for the luxury tax.

Orlando’s problem was always a lack of a basketball guy as the president of basketball operations. He was a businessman. They have that now, though trading Elfrid for a mid second round pick doesn’t give me confidence either. It seems pointless.

Draymond Green explaining what happened when the ball bounced off his shoulder and the ref gave him a delay of game penalty.

“When you lay the ball in and you’re standing right under the rim, it’s probably going to hit you,” Green said in an extended postgame rant. “It’s just like physics. My body is a solid. Nothing is just going to [go] through me. It’s not a video game. It may work like that in ‘[NBA] 2K’ where like the ball may just like slide through my body, but not in real life. So it’s probably going to hit me and when it hits me, gravity or whatever it is – I’m not a scientist, but you get where I’m getting at. It’s probably going to go another way. That’s just how life works.”

Not the best example of Mich St. academics…

I wouldn’t say that - he seems to have the basic facts straight.

For the record, I wasn’t trying to be mean about it. I just thought it was funny. Shades of ICP’s “magnets: how do they work?”

Went down to the Center to see the Sixers last night. Imagine my surprise when the Breaking News hit on 97.5 that Markelle Fultz would be playing!

Yeah. I stood and applauded for him. Awesome win for them too as they came out gangbusters in the third and put away the Nuggets pretty quickly.

This is a damn good Sixers team. They have a shot at a Conference final.

Now they definitely have a strong road to the conference final. They’ll play an injured Celtics team in the second round. Crazy.

Since your post, they haven’t lost. They’ve now won 15 straight and are up on the Bucks tonight by 30. With Simmons resting and Embiid still recuperating from surgery.

Yep! I watch every game. They knocked the fight out of the Bucks really early tonight. No JJ either this evening and no Saric for three of those wins as well. It’s been fun to watch.

That said, most of the teams they beat were tanking empty tomato cans during this stretch other than Cleveland, Milwaukee and that Denver team I got to see. You can only play your schedule though!

That’s not how these things usually work!

Of course the Wolves and the Nuggets are going to overtime.

I don’t see a single interesting matchup in the first round. Following the 76ers will probably be the most fun thing right now.

Genuinely excited that the 76ers are doing well. This has been a disappointing Bucks season. Hopefully this off-season can attract a marquee coach and some free agents.

I suppose it took the 76ers 5 years, the bucks are about 4 years into their build, but look further behind the curve this season.

Hopefully the Bucks rise will coincide with the downfall of the Rockets and GSW. Because it will be tough for any east team to compete with that right now.

I disagree there. I think the East is as strong as the West this season. The Sixers split with Houston, in early season games when the Sixers weren’t playing like they are now. The Warriors have injury issues and they are getting older every day. They’re good, no doubt, but they have to figure out how to keep the core and someone may leave.

The rest of the West? Good, but it’s not like they’re head and tails above the East. The Wizards are one of the toughest out 8 seeds in awhile IMO.

I think there are 16 really good teams in the playoffs this season and one on the outside looking in out West that could’ve made noise. Denver needs a true point guard and they’ll be a lot more dangerous. Hopefully they see that and just add to it and not blow it up.

Milwaukee needs shooting. There’s not enough good outside shooting on that team. Giannis HAS to finish at the rim because there aren’t guys around him to catch and shoot when he breaks down the defense.

These are awesome… earlier in the season…

…and Playoff Edition!

Those are awesome. As a NYK fan who has no light at the end of the tunnel, I’ll lean on my father’s Philly residency to enjoy this Sixer’s team. I hope they survive Miami and can inflict some damage on the East.

There are some enjoyable series, OKC vs Utah could be one. I kinda wish GSW had been matched up with one of those two in the 1st round instead of the Spurs. Even without Steph, I expect the Dubs to make quick work of San Antonio.