NBA 2017 - 2018

Until MechaKawhi comes back and breaks Durant’s back midway through the third quarter in the first game, Bane-style.

I mean, Pachulia would be more appropriate, but Durant’s more dramatic.

Pacers fan checking in. Popcorn and Victor and I’m good.

Give me back Oladipo. :(

I rationalize it that he wouldn’t be the same player had he stayed in Orlando. He really never put it all together. It still sucks.

I also spent almost zero time on basketball this year after the first month, so that’s a plus!

Thank you for those. I’m pumped.

I think most of the league would like to see Pachulia get snapped in two. He’s Ersan Ilyasova’s evil twin.

Ah, goddamnit. I had no idea she was even sick. That’s just heartbreaking.

They broke the news to LeBron in the postgame interview. A new low for sports media.

EDIT: LeBron clears the air and says he was warned about it and said the question as okay: https://streamable.com/e2taw. It’s still terrible television.

Yeah I saw that live and thought they broke it to him on the spot, which would have been an incredibly shitty thing to do. While LeBron says he had a heads up, Kevin Durant didn’t seem to when a reporter did the same thing to him. At least in that case it wasn’t being broadcast live on national TV.

This sick desire to get some raw emotional response on TV is just gross to me.

Wow. That’s super sad. I love Pop. He made me love NBA Basketball again with those Spurs teams of the late '90s and 2000’s. :(

On a much lighter note… I kinda want to post this in EVERY sports thread on Qt3 and everywhere I can post it on the Internet because it’s just such a fun and cool insight into what was really going on in Philadelphia the last four years. People outside never saw it, but those of us who continued to follow the team have known for a long time they’ve been building this culture behind the scenes. Brett Brown is the heir apparent to Popovich IMO. The guy who will continue his legacy the best way possible. This is all out of Pop’s playbook.

“He thinks snakes are beautiful,” guard T.J. McConnell says. “Which is ridiculous.”

Just give them another Emmy.

That is fantastic. :)

Mitt Romney taunting Westbrook was pretty surreal.

Sixers clinch. First team to do so in the East. I think that’s going to be a huge benefit for them in the next round.

As a Jazz fan, this season has been something else. After losing Gordon Hayward (and George Hill) we were supposed to be a lottery team with absolutely no ability to score. We were 19-28 in January, having only won something like 3 road games and getting blown out by the Hawks. After watching a 5-year rebuild and seeing Hayward blow it up, it was pretty disheartening.

Yet the Jazz then end the season 29-6, get back into the 5th seed (where we were last year), and tonight advance into the second round, which is where we left off in 2017. A big part of that is no one expected Mitchell to develop the way he has, but really this team is built around Gobert. He’s a defensive god and as such his impact doesn’t often translate to the scoreboard, but ask any basketball analyst and they’ll tell you he’s one of the most impactful players in the entire league. It’s no surprise that we were about to wrap up this series in Game 5, up by 25 in the 3rd period, and then we end up losing once he got into foul trouble and had to ride the pine.

This season has been quite a ride. They’ve been my favorite Jazz team, topping the Stockton/Malone Finals runs in '96 and '97.

That whole series was fantastic. Chippy as hell.

Can’t wait to see what kind of star Mitchell grows into. I just hope you can hold onto him. This isn’t the same league as when Stockton and Malone were with the Jazz.

Both Game 3’s in the Eastern Conference were brutal tonight. The Sixers and the Raptors just did not have what it takes. Both in a 0-3 hole now.

The Celtics, a team I hate for geographical reasons (native NY’er) are just so damn good, and well coached. They are going to be frightening when they have Kyrie and Hayward next year, let alone their other picks, and likely free agent signings. I wrote them off game 1 of the season when Hayward went down, and now… would not be surprised if they made the finals. Crazy.

Of course, Lebron is utterly amazing once again. A sight to behold against the Raptors.

The Sixers threw that game away. So many debilitating errors in the last minute of regulation and overtime. It should be 2-1. They may win the next game, but they’re toast

His mastery of the game only seems to be expanding at age 33.