NBA 2017 - 2018

The baseline angle looks so majestic:

Yeah, I’m glad I tuned back into the game. After I watched the first half, it seemed like such a huge blowout. But I decided to tune back in for the last five minutes of the 4th quarter, and it was really close at the end.

I think that peak LeBron has surpassed peak Jordan when it comes to controlling a game. Sweet Jesus this is insane stuff.

Another wholesome shitpost from /r/nba: a Brad Stevens coaching highlight video.

Peer-voted Coach of the Year and likely NBA Coach of the Year Dwane Casey has been fired.

That’s gonna be an awkward awards ceremony.

Given the way Mitchell was playing in the 3rd quarter of game 5, and that they still had a lead late in the 4th quarter, after he had been out the whole quarter, I’m pretty confident they would have won that game if he’d been in.

We ran out of guards there at the end, haha. No Rubio, no Mitchell, no Exum. I think Snyder was about ready to sub in a water boy.

Mitchell has just been a joy to watch. I don’t know if I’ve seen a player learn so quickly from game-to-game (sometimes even during a game). There was a rookie in the conference semifinals being tasked with not only being the primary scoring option but also learning how to play point for the injured Rubio on the fly, all the while guarding Harden on the other end of the court.

I’m excited to see how he develops. Hopefully he keeps his drive and great attitude in the years to come.

No one has been sharing the latest season of Game of Zones??? As densely packed as an Arrested Development episode, as well as always funny, sometimes hilariously so.

I love this cyclical NBA strategy stuff.

I am a Heat fan, and your flow chart freaking WORKS, @triggercut ! It tells truth. Bank it!

That was rough to watch. But better than the actual Finals we’re about to get. And shit, I even like the Warriors. But it’s not fun to watch them luck into a key injury in the west and then stomp a shitty team carried on the back of LeBron again…

Heh. I’m not that clever. That’s Shea Serrano’s flowchart, but yeah. He ain’t wrong!

BTW, has anyone checked on Skip Bayless?

I heard he was kidnapped and sold into servitude in the Horn of Africa! I believe he gives pedicures and makes chai now. Shannon Sharpe is now a Real Estate motivational speaker.

I don’t expect the Cavs to last more than 5 games, regardless of the opponent. That said… I can never 100% count out Lebron.

538 always with the positive news.

Capture

The teams playing game 7 tonight are pretty much playing for a championship trophy.

Last season’s episode seems applicable again

Welp! Worst possible, and most predictable, outcome for the finals. May as well start deep dives into the draft and free agency. The only drama is whether GSW will sweep or allow A Gentleman’s Sweep. It will be painful once again to watch LeBron’s supreme effort wasted against the offensive juggernaut of the Warriors.