NBA 2018 - 2019

I cannot tell if you’re responding to me, because this software is weird and only shows me responses sometimes. So in case you are, I’ll answer.

I love Steph Curry. One of my favorite games was when he played Duke while he was at Davidson. Even then he was just so great. He won me over.

That said, I couldn’t care less about professional basketball because it’s so reliant on isolation basketball, and I find that boring. I think GSW goes against that somewhat (thank you Steve Kerr). Nevertheless I like to read and comment on it.

-xtien

Yeah, I’m a Warriors stan because they’re fun as fuck to watch. Curry, Klay, Draymond, Iggy–all of them are so distinctive and interesting in their own ways. Draymond’s physicality (nice words for “constant physical harm to other people”) pisses me off, though. That shit is never cool.

I’m less of a fan since Durant joined mostly because they rarely have the same easygoing flow of the 15/16 teams. But they’re still a delight to watch, and I’ll admit I’ve really enjoyed their recent Durant-less run.

In the end, the Warriors, and specifically Curry and his record-demolishing, sport-altering playstyle are what got me into a sport for the first time in my life. So I am grateful for that, and will enjoy watching the dynasty’s twilight years, however they go. I missed the Jordan and Shaq and Kobe eras as a kid/teen/20-something, though everyone around me was going nuts for that stuff. This is “my” superstar, insofar as I’ll allow a sentence I write to come near claiming some kind of ownership over a team’s success/fortunes (God, it really gets under my skin when people talk like that. What a silly thing to think!)

I love this statement, because whenever somebody says “we” in reference to their favorite team, I get my hackles up. You weren’t on the team. You’re not we.

-xtien

How can you not love klay? His mom still buys his clothes.

And he knows about scaffolding

The Rockets are the only NBA team playing ISO ball really. 20% of plays.

The next most ISO team was the Thunder around 9% of plays.

GSW is in the middle of the pack with 6.4% of plays being ISO.

I don’t think there are any teams playing “ISO ball” outside of Houston But they have evolved ISO ball into Morey ball

Looks like we have a series!

Yes I am, I was totally ready to go in. All in.

Ouch. $50,000 for paying a guy a compliment.

I get why it’s considered tampering under the strictest definition of anti tampering rules but is it really tampering, if comment was basically true?

I think I like my thread better…

My boys are getting bit hard by the injury bug. Klay’s is probably fairly minor…just hope the Looney injury isn’t too bad. We’re gonna need him.

Yeah, Cousins came up big tonight, but he was very obviously gassed by the end. Fingers crossed for both Looney and Klay alike.

Heh, initially thought Klay went down after chest bumping Cook after his third big three, which would have been painful in all the worst ways, but I guess the camera angle of whatever shot I saw was very deceptive.

Hope I’m wrong, but I called “series over” to my son, when the Warriors extended their lead to 12 w under 6 minutes in the game. Toronto needed to protect home court to have any chance.

With possible injuries to Klay, Looney and the continuing KD saga, I’m not quite as sanguine.

Klay getting a little chippy with Drake.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but…

Warriors have scored 109 in every game so far.

Go ahead and get your hopes up, Chris. The Warriors have lost a ton of points to injuries, and Toronto is really good, so I think your team stands a good chance.

-xtien