NBA 2018 - 2019

Hey, getting all that dough moving in the same direction isn’t easy. He’s sure got a sweet pass, though.

“Sum up the Lakers’ season in one possession.”

Well this 40 year old record lives on another season. The Magic clinched the Southeast division with at least a .500 record.

Hard to believe that the Sixers may play Orlando in the first round. I would have bet real money on the Pistons staying in 6th.

What’s crazy is both Detroit and Brooklyn hold the tiebreaker over Orlando for winning the season series, but if there’s a 3-way tie, Orlando wins that tiebreaker due to being a division winner. Someone posted this:

MAGIC WILL BE #6 SEED & PLAY 76ERS IF:

Magic win at Hornets AND Nets lose vs. Heat
OR
Magic lose, Nets lose AND Pistons win BOTH of their final two games (vs. Grizzlies, at Knicks)

*In the above instance, Orlando, Brooklyn and Detroit would all have the same record. With the Magic being a division winner, that would give them the tiebreaker advantage and catapult them above the Nets and Pistons.

MAGIC WILL BE #7 SEED & PLAY RAPTORS IF:

Magic win OR lose, Nets win and Pistons lose at least one of their final two games
OR
Magic lose, Nets lose AND Pistons lose at least one of their final two games

MAGIC WILL BE #8 SEED & PLAY BUCKS IF:

Magic lose, Nets win and Pistons win BOTH of their final two games

Well, okay then.

Of course, I think of this.

-xtien

“Well…then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.”

FEELS.

I find these moments too awkward to watch so I tried to change the channel from Wade’s ceremony. My wife, who doesn’t watch basketball except every couple years to go to a Magic game, yelled at me to change it back because she wanted to watch the human interest story.

So I left the room and she told me when it was safe to return. Haha!

Looks like Orlando gets Toronto, probably their toughest matchup just ahead of the Bucks. Oh well, let’s hope for 1 or 2 wins and a decent free agency season.

Dubs are locked into the Clips, which is what I was hoping for.

And looks like Houston gets OKC. Also a decent result. I guess unless Denver loses and Portland wins, in which case I can’t even figure out what happens.

Wow they put Toronto-Orlando on the big boy networks. I’m surprised.

NBATV gets MIL-DET and DEN-SAS.

I suppose they want to talk about Kawhi’s free agency the entire time.

Orlando at least has Aaron Gordon to move the needle. Would you put the Pistons on National TV right now? I wouldn’t. Spurs have always gotten the “boring” tag and they’re playing Denver who despite being really good all year is still basically unknown to most of the nation.

Sixers playing at 2:30 is kind of a pita for Saturday, but I’ll make time.

Don’t want to put the #1 seed on National TV even with the league Mvp and dpoy on the roster? Sheesh.

NOPE. They get Utah, which is insane because it required 4 games to go a very particular way, and they all did with Sacramento coming back from 28 points down last night to beat Portland. WTF.

The reason I’m unhappy about this is I think the Jazz stack up very well against every team in the Western conference except for Houston. They are our krytopnite because their scheme (and the talent they have to pull it off, obviously) neutralizes the anchor of our defense: Gobert protecting the rim. I’d much rather play the Warriors, to be honest.

The stats sites showed this outcome only had about a 14% chance of happening. When Sacramento was up 28 last night I thought I could breathe a sigh of relief and face off against Portland. I was not pleased when I woke up this morning!

Luke Walton is out in LA. Looks like LeBron is fully in charge.

The hilarious thing is that the buzz is that Tye Lue is the favorite to replace Walton.

So, yeah, LaBron is fully in charge.

[NSFW language at the end]

-xtien

Luke not out of a job for long.

Is it too late for the Magic to win one more regular season game so they can face the 76ers instead of the Raptors?

No? Okay, well there’s always next year!