NBA 2020-2021

Those are the words I’d use too.

They never should’ve left Oracle.

New stadium is nice though. Went to 2 games there this year.

Look, how many toasters do I need to buy to transfer my achilles to Klay?

Goddamnit, how can you not love Klay? That doofus is universally beloved.

This sucks.

One would kind of have to assume he’s probably never going to be quite the same springy Klay, either, which really blows. Two serious leg injuries in a row on the wrong side of 30 doesn’t bode that well.

And we have a pretty good idea why they didn’t deal (there are rumors that Kelly Oubre Jr may be headed to the dubs - don’t really know him or what they may give up). Wiseman and Mannion should do well with the Dubs and I hope that with Klay out, they keep them.

Warriors could take Oubre into their trade exception and just send back a future pick and they wont be stupid enough to make it the MIN one from next season

One has to wonder if they’re thinking about tearing it down. Klay will never be the same. Draymond has noticeably slipped even when KD was on the team. Steph has lost a half step.

The thought may cross your mind, but in no way is that the right direction. Klay and Curry are transcendent shooters the likes of which the league has never seen before. If they can be themselves again, even 75% of themselves, in a year or two, you keep that together. Green on the other hand… maybe you strike when the iron is hot.

Mostly agreed. No point in trading Klay right now because you would get less that nothing in return. You have to imagine they’ll try to make Steph a lifelong Warrior. Green is unlikely to be a difference maker by the time Klay is healthy again.

It really comes down to whether the dubs can get #1 overall pick performance out of Wiggins and Wiseman (born to be dubs? With names like those…) with the way that Steph draws defenders they will have space.

The Hayward contract is nuts. A huge bet that he’s going to play better than he did in Boston. And even then, he’ll what, push them to the 8th seed? I don’t get the logic behind the move.

Seems like I’m a pels fan now that Adams is there

MJ sees tall white dude, MJ pays tall white dude.

NBA free agency is always wild but there’s a lot more player movement and contract overpays than I expected in the middle of a global pandemic. I guess most owners are assuming the salary cap will never go down an appreciable amount.

The salary cap won’t go down an appreciable amount. It’s currently being set at roughly the same value it has been, but a large percentage of player salaries are being put in escrow and will be adjusted accordingly.

However, most yearly raises on contracts are 5-8%, and the salary cap will likely be flat for the next few years, so depending on the structure of some of these deals they could be very negative in a couple years.

In order to have enough cap space for Hayward the hornets apparently had to waive Batum and stretch his contract over 3 years, so for the next 3 years they will have 9mil of dead money on their cap sheet. In essence they aren’t paying Hayward 30mil this year, but 39 :x

Im sure a Harden, Westbrook, Boogie combination will be all sweetness and light.

The cynic in me would say this seems like a lot for a guy thats only had one good season to date.

Zach Lowe posted his first article locked behind ESPN+. RIP.