NBA Playoffs 2016-2017

The officiating in this game is a fucking disgrace. And it won’t do anything to quell the idea that the league rigs games. The NBA would have lost out on millions if this had ended in 4 games.

I didn’t even realize there was a game tonight.

I agree that they’re clueless. Draymond probably should’ve been gone. The missed backcourt had a “BALL DON’T LIE” outcome for them fortunately. The intensity is through the roof though and it’s been fun to watch.

Didn’t get swept!

The officiating has been bad all series, usually in favor of the home team but plenty of missed calls both ways. Draymond should’ve been T’d up probably 5 or 6 times by now this series and it’s crazy watching how much he gets away with.

Go Cavs!

Felt like the whole second half was one hard foul away from turning into a giant brawl. The refs let that game get so out of control.

Yup. And the thing which led to the hard fouls and technicals which did happen was the refs letting all of the (even more physical than previous games) grabbing and hand checking (mugging) go. I’m pretty sure they could have called 3-4 fouls per possession with how physical and ugly that game was and it was escalating on every possession.

That said, it was a pretty amazing shooting performance by the Cavs, especially in the 1st quarter before the geometric progression of physicality made it a wrestling match.

The Cavs were giving the Warriors a scare early, but Golden State just blew up and are currently up 13. And we just had three technical fouls on one play just now. Getting salty.

This has been a really great game tonight. Very tense 3rd quarter, very good play by both teams, and lots of shifts in momentum at key moments.

It’s getting too late for me to stay up though. Time to go to bed. I hope the Cavs win so that I get to see another game.

Glad to see Durant get a ring, and not with the Thunder. Remember, he was drafted a Supersonic.

Mama Durant is happy tonight. Great game.

That’s cause she’s the real MVP.

As it stands right now, Warriors are set to win the next 3-4 years. Cleveland is fucked, they are way over the cap paying a bunch of players more than they are worth that will be hard to trade. Boston isn’t close. Having the #2 pick won’t be enough to beat Cleveland assuming James stays put. But the East will continue to irrelevant unless the Warriors break up.

If Paul stays with LAC I think we’ll see James join him there in 2018. If he moves…I think that will be a strong indicator of where James lands the following year.

James isn’t going anywhere, They are years from being competitive even with George there. Paul George is frankly not a clutch player you can count on in the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/MarcusD2/status/874487220748660736

I think with Lonzo Ball the Lakers will challenge for a playoff spot next year. He is exactly what Luke Walton needs to build an LA version of the Warriors. If they get George and Ball, they will be in the playoffs.

George is a horrible fit for the Cavs though. They either need a rim protector who can guard the pick and roll, or Kawhi Leonard. Basically, someone who doesn’t need to dominate the ball to score like George does. Heyward makes more sense than George, but I’m not sold on his defensive quickness.

Unless of course, George was willing to come off the bench.

I think there’s a better than 75%chance CP3 ends up in San Antonio.

Edy Tavares! (I kid … only mostly, as the man can seriously block shots, but not a whole lot else)

I heard today that the Lakers told Josh Jackson that they’re taking him in the draft. That would suck for the Sixers because I think that’s who they should take, but it definitely means the draft may go way wacky if that happens. Ball’s Dad is going to really make it hard for the Sixers to take him IMO…

I think Ball is overrated and won’t be great. Poor man’s Jason Kidd. Plus his dad is baggage a lot of teams won’t want to deal with.

I’d bet a lot of money James leaves Cleveland after next year.