NCAA 12 - anyone get it yet?

This was the case with NCAA 11 as well; if there’s any pass rush at all on play-action and your QB isn’t a scrambler by nature, you’re getting sacked.

Play action never works right in EA football games.

Well it works, I’m just saying that the QB usually gets laid out. Not a bad thing.

How well do these games like NCAA and MADDEN work online? I hesitate to buy them as i hate playing solo and my wife hates sports so online is the only way I can play…just dont want to waste too much money for it not to work ok…I have a very good FIOS connection.

They play great online, generally. There’s always a little lag in the kicking game and once in a while lag will affect other gameplay, but overall I find the experience solid.

The Qt3 Madden league was huge fun the season I played. You will have more trouble finding people you know to play NCAA than Madden, and playing with ransoms can be a horrifying experience.

This game is really fucking annoying. 3rd highest difficulty means I am throwing 3 and 4 ints per game with a 90 rated accurate passing QB. I threw 9 all season in Madden. 9 in 16 games and I threw 4 against fucking Maryland.

While this doesn’t lessen that criticism, you can change the interception frequency with a slider. It’s under “house rules” or something.

The Virginia Cavaliers went 14-0 and won the national championship in a thrilling 28-7 struggle against SMU. No, I don’t know where Oklahoma, Ohio State, USC, and all the other usual powerhouses went. Miami lost 10 games. And no, I’m not boosting the difficulty! I’m having enough trouble as it is!

One of the first things I recommend people do is turn down the interception sliders. The CPU will make you pay for every bad pass, and they’ll make you pay for a lot of average passes. I’m getting picked a ton, throwing 20 last season across 14 games when I normally throw 5-7 a year in Madden. The cause isn’t bad programming at this point, I don’t think, regardless of what I was accusing the safeties and their mothers of last night. It’s because they’ll actually play zone coverage now, and safeties and corners will break on a pass and take a risk when you try to squeeze a pass in somewhere it shouldn’t go. The AI QBs don’t make this mistake, because they’re smarter than you, but they will make other mistakes if they’re not a very good QB.

Running the ball is a joy when you aren’t facing the best D-line in the game – I’ve never enjoyed an 8-yard run like this before.

Presentation is excellent! Ralphie the buffalo is the greatest thing in the history of college sports.

There are still “those games.” Last night against TCU, I won 17-10 in a game where my QB went 16-36 for 240-odd yards, and we won on the strength of a 94-yard bomb and a fumble returned 80 yards for a score. TCU’s defense deflected 16 passes. I threw 20 incompletes, and they got a hand on 16 of them. If I hadn’t turned down interceptions, I’m sure they would have picked about nine of those, and their middle linebacker shut down the entire middle of the field. Gnar.

All in all, though, I’m really liking the changes, and this is a fantastic game.

I may have to turn down the int slider and I already bumped the difficulty back down to default (2nd highest). WVU won the national championship against Oklahoma State 24-12 or something despite getting my QB knocked out halfway through. My backup is a scrambler so I immediately ran the option on his first play ran him for 40 yards and a score. :)

I really love the recruiting stuff but man does it take a lot of time. I took the day off yesterday. I played most of the day and got in like 2 games the national championship and my first game in the next season. The offseason is like 14 weeks long.

I simmed a lot of the offseason. It does go forever, no argument there.

Once you get going with the recruiting, it can get pretty brutal during the offseason when you have to cut down to 70 players. You get 25 scholarships a year so you’re almost always cutting guys who could help you. And you have to maintain your pipeline states. Tricky stuff.

I’m using directional throws more than ever in NCAA 12. It’s the only way to get the ball over or around the MLB who happens to be an alternate on the USOC High Jump squad.

The MLB blitz is my favorite play in the world because it means that Mr. Fantastic bastard won’t be knocking my passes down!

So yeah, I misread the game mechanic for keeping players around and lost my 98 speed HB to the pros. :(

I spent 60 minutes talking to him and he said he would talk to me in a week so I figured there would be an option down the line to use more time like a prospect but I really had to use the time right then to keep him. Now thanks to autosave he is gone. Ugh.

So yeah, I misread the game mechanic for keeping players around and lost my 98 speed HB to the pros. :(

I spent 60 minutes talking to him and he said he would talk to me in a week so I figured there would be an option down the line to use more time like a prospect but I really had to use the time right then to keep him. Now thanks to autosave he is gone. Ugh.

Did you save the draft class? 'Cause if you did, you can draft him when you pick up Madden!