NCAA Basketball 2021

Same as it ever was. Other than the only good, true, and decent B1G team of course:
https://twitter.com/IlliniMBB/status/1373000979797454853

Damn! I was watching tv and caught that Purdue had tied up UNT late. Just checked and it went to OT, but UNT won by 9! Did Purdue think the game was over after regulation and just not come out?

The tOSU loss was enjoyable, at least. Purdue’s was just blegh.

Good for Rutgers there too!

Carnage

6 bracket upsets in the first 16 games will do that. :)

Not the strongest finish here for umich. The LSU matchup is going to be tough.

Ouch, VCU is out bc of COVID protocols. Oregon advances in a No Contest

There were 12 remaining perfect brackets, and four of those just busted thanks to COVID.

MACtion lives!

B1G now 6-3, even counting the play-in game loss

Zags looking particularly strong here.

Abilene Christian. My goodness.

Meanwhile, [Bill Walton Voice] the Conference of Champions is yet to lose a game in the tourney, I think.

And the top B1G teams are still there, except for OSU who was very Jekyll and Hyde down the stretch, much like MSU.

Are there any perfect brackets left? This first round of games has been brutal with the upsets.

Loyola up 12 on Illinois with about 5 minutes left!

Illini getting absolutely trucked on both ends of the floor, too.

The one thing I’ve noticed in the Illinois losses I’ve seen in the last few years – it’s not as tough as it should be to get in Ayo’s head and get him frustrated or doubting himself or just generally out of sorts…and then he’s a different player and Illinois gets really vulnerable.

This Illini team is so talented – was not expecting this result after how they played at the end of the regular season and B1G tourney. Loyola seeding out of whack as well

Illinois is toast.

Go Loyola!