NCAA March Madness 2023

Thank goodness for Princeton. That deflects some of the Virginia fail talk for the rest of the evening.

The 2019 Natty does do a lot of work, yes. (And the Nationals winning the World Series in 2019 led to a lightning strikes twice kind of year.)

Houston looks and sounds like a team that fully expects to lose on Saturday.

Pretty tame Friday so far. I hope that means we are due for some real night life tonight.

Houston needs to get healthy, quickly.

Prophetic

I thought I’d never see a number one seed run a worse-looking offense than whatever it was that Houston was running last night.

And then Purdue said “Hold our boilermaker.”

Lose a 1, 2 and 4 in the first round? Did I miss any 3-seeds losing?

Purdue winning the Natty next year confirmed!

WOW! And FDU was a First 4 play-in team, too. That’s like the 17th seed, really.

Crazier still: FDU didn’t win their conference tournament. Merrimack College did.

Because of an NCAA rule that makes a school moving from Division II to DIvision I ineligible, FDU got the bid for the NEC by finishing 2nd.

Purdue beat Ohio State 3 times this season, but couldn’t win in Columbus when it mattered.

If you told me the Northeast Conference was a made-up league, I’d believe you.

That was Fairly Ridiculous

Let me help.

6 tenths of a second to play, Matt. Maybe just console your guys.

It’s like the 10 hours he was committed to leaving Purdue to take the Mizzou job in 2011 somehow rubbed off on him and tainted his career forever.

My favorite take so far.

Down goes Duke, down goes Kansas. Brackets are crumbling as we speak, and it’s not even Sunday yet.