NCSoft sued by gamer because of his addiction to Lineage

fixed

If it makes you feel better and helps you get through the day then fix away.

I

Seriously, Vegas, it’s not generations, it’s just slews of gamers or drug addicts or what have you.
Facebook is full of meta generation that only farm facebook but doesn’t really play games and go out partying every night.

Hell, you could even say that party-animals are kind of addicts themselves.
I mean, they miss on serious educationg, serious employment, lasting relationships et cetera, right?

There’s positive and negative to any life style. But blaming a game company because you chose a certain life style that you felt most rewarding is plain retarded. And as they say, if it wasn’t that MMO drug, it would’ve been another. The addict is the problem. Also, MMOs aren’t illegal just yet (perhaps in China soon…).

I’m not sure why I merit a “but seriously”.

I’m not commenting on the merits of the case. I just believe that many of our best and brightest sacrificed a portion of their overall potential at the mmorpg altar.

I’m not so sure that I buy into the idea that if those folks were not hooked on mmorpgs that they would be hooked on something else. That seems too easy.

That’s where I’d differ. Despite our self-reassurances inside such gamer-circles when it comes to the grand scheme of all virtual life and gaming is still a rather small portion, minority even you might say, amongst the big statistics.
For every such bright sacrificed there are a thousand who’ve never heard even of gaming online, or barely care much for the Internet or to update their profile. At most they touch their email once a day for memos.

It’s easy to think of life lost due to over-gaming, especially since gamers are all online and around each other and visit game industry related news, fan and otherwise websites, but in reality we’re still a rather small crowd.
Anywhere outside the gamer circles and the industry you’d see millions of people go about their lives completely oblivious to such shenanigans.

I really think it’s all comes down to what you think is a waste, some people enjoy gaming doesn’t see it as a waste of time, some people think if you aren’t working to better society or/and self then you are wasting your life.

It comes down to personal value and perspective.