Nebuchadnezzar - constructing Mesopotamia one brick at a time.

This was mentioned in the city builders thread, and I am excited as can be. Love the old school isometric city builders. Comes out February 17th 2021.

Looks like a real release too, and hoping f2p is a mislabel.

Based on the FAQ, I’m assume free-to-play is indeed a mistaken tag. They say they don’t know what the price will be, and they say they will not have any microtransactions. Seems both of those statements contradict a free-to-play model.

-Tom

Well that looks LOVELY.

I raced to wishlist this but noticed that I’d somehow already wishlisted it back in November even though I don’t remember ever hearing about the game before. At least I’m consistent.

I hope “traffic” and push-back is handled way better than the failed SimCity 2013 and toybox Cities: Skylines.

Wow, it is so pretty!

Zeus/Pharaoh/etc. with a modern UI is a great idea. The one thing I think is missing is that Zeus had those temples to the different gods that provided different benefits and the gods themselves roamed around your town. In comparison, the ‘wonders’ here looks pretty plain and boring. Hopefully I will be proven wrong!

:-)

Pretty sure it’s been on our other topic for city builders.

So an interesting thing from the Web page is that 1) it indeed a “walker” game like Caesar, etc. but 2) you can edit each walker’s individual patrol path (unlike the old Impressions games where the walkers followed simple rules, but you were basically forced to pen them in and build cul-de-sacs instead of a grid layout so they wouldn’t wander off and be completely ineffective.)

Custom patrol paths for each walker gives you a lot of control, but raises other issues. At least they’re aware of them:

We know what you’re thinking… micromanagement. We know that our game might require a little more micromanagement, but we’re aware of it and we’ll do our best to minimize it. And judging from our current test sessions, it seems we’re doing well!

I would actually much rather have something like “walkers always turn left” or something like that - a single rule for all walkers, no micromanagement, but completely predictable so that you could design your cities around it. The problem with Impressions walkers was not that they were too simple, it was that they were too random - if they entered an intersection, they would make a random choice. They could also leave a building randomly going left or right. Just make everything predictable and I as the player can deal with that.

Have you seen more than just the one? I liked the stupid huge pyramids in Pharaoh that took forever to build.

EDIT: Nevermind, helps to actually read the full Steam entry. Monuments are designed by the player.

Yeah they are modular. Which is neat!

Kind of brings an interactive element to something that was just static but still somehow fulfilling. I imagine the two together will be great!

Here is Katherine of Sky:

Man I just love watching things grow.

Another gameplay video:

Gameplay video looks very promising. I did get kind of annoyed with Katherine after a while, particularly when she was looking for stuff in the menu and missing it several times (‘the pottery is right there! Just click it ffs!’), but the idea of the canals, pumps, setting walking paths etc: all looks excellent!

Edit: second video is better, but this guy is going way to fast for me (I’m getting old…). Is everyone just rushing through the game like that or are there also some slow streamers out there? Will look for myself ofcourse, but if anyone has any suggestions on who to look for, please share!

If Tuplex starts streaming it, he’s your guy. Excellent streamer, but I literally play most of his videos at 2x speed and it sounds normal. I know that sounds like a criticism, but it is not.

Sounds like that’s exactly what I need. Thanks!

Gameplay video of a sandbox map, without commentary. Shows the extended building options later in the game (which are really extended!). Of course, the streamer just has to leave that one farm unconnected, just to annoy me… ;-).

All in all, this might be just as complicated (and fun!) as Anno in later stages of the game!