Necromunda: Hired Gun - Bounty Hunting 40K Style

Each mission will start from Martyr’s End, the hub of all things bounty-hunting on the planet. From there, you can choose your contract, prepare your loadout, and head out to track down targets across one of the several despicable areas of the Hive.

I am very interested but I really need to see an extended “Let’s play”, which has suspiciously been missing. I’ve not seen anything from any of the streamers I follow so I remain somewhat suspicious at this point.

Agreed

Cautiously interested. Would definitely like to know and see more before I lay down any money though. So, probably waiting for post-release impressions at this rate.

I’m in the same boat. It’s always good to be cautious when there’s no hands-on impressions available. That said, Karak has the game and chatted about it on his podcast:

He says the shooting feels great and the devs have implemented some unique, clever skills that he seems enthusiastic about. His complains about the restricted FOV and giant gun models that take up most of the screen is giving me flashbacks to Starbreeze’s Syndicate reboot.

No gameplay?

No, he only talked about it on his podcast. Might be under an embargo, however, footage is starting to find its way online:

Ha ha, you guys are going to play a Warhammer 40k game!

-Tom

Oh, thanks. Will watch that later.

@tomchick maybe? And after watching some stuff from the new Age of Sigmar game, even fantasy feels like 40k now

Yup, we sure are. Blood for the blood God and all that…

WARHAMMER 4 LYFE

Looks good, love me some 40k.

EYE was amazing, is the type of game that in a perfect world would have influence countless other games.

Clearly Tom needs a visit from the Inquisition…

After watching the video, I don’t know what to think. Theres a obvious influence from Doom, but I am unsure thats really whats going on, maybe they have influences from other games.

The way the person was playing the game was annoying, or perhaps is the game. Like… aim down sight did not had any zoom, I was looking at a guy shooting bullets at random figures, … the take down animation was a bit too long. I trough the gunplay was kinda vanilla… maybe down the road you get cool powers, it seems the case.

I noticed this thread for the first time (and this game). I wonder if my brain has some kind of filter where it doesn’t let me read anything Warhammer or 40K related. Anyway, after going through the thread and the various trailers and comments, I must say this looks potentially great! I can’t believe this thread has been hiding in plain sight for months here.

I wonder how it got past my visual brain filter today. Maybe I just focused on the words Bounty Hunter.

Well, it was the intro mission, but yeah, I agree.

I saw a grappling hook in one of the trailers, thus making the game 25% better than most other games, just by its inclusion.

:)

Mandalore, one of my favorite Youtubers, just posted his Hired Gun review. I’m currently downloading on Steam (just 16.7gb!).