Need a way to blow away Windows folders on non-system disk

A while ago I cloned my internal drive to an SSD and now I’m using the SSD as my primary drive. The ex-system drive is now my “games drive.” However, I can’t seem to delete a lot of the windows folders and crap off this drive. It’s all permission issues.

This is all on my F: drive, it’s definitely not C: that I’m messing with!

I can’t completely delete:

Program Files
Program Files (x86)
Users
Windows

I have done the following:

opened a command window and done “Takeown /F /R” to change owner. Still can’t delete some things.
right clicked on folder, gone to security, clicked on Advanced, set me as owner on folder and recursively on all child objects. Then edited so my account has full permissions. Still can’t delete

This stuff works on some folders but not all. For example, in the “Program Files” folder I’m down to the formerly invisible “Windows Apps” folder - but it won’t go away for nuttin. These folders SAY I have full control but I still can’t delete them.

Is there some program - or command - I can use to completely nuke these useless folders?

Why not just reformat it? I

Uhhhhhhh… thing is, I’ve been using it for over a year now so it’s got a fair bit of junk installed on it. But lemme think… steam games would be easy to reinstall, Uplay games ditto… and there’s a couple other games like GOG and other misc installed. So I guess reformatting it would work though it would be a bit of a PITA.

I suppose that is my ace in the pocket if I can’t get rid of these folders any other way.

Thank you, that was exactly what I needed! I knew it’d be as easy as pie (seriously, Windows…).

The only small change I had to make in the process was I had to check the “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object” checkbox because somehow the child folders weren’t getting the changes. But once I did that, everything was peachy.