Need for Speed Payback - 2017, Ghost Games, EA

Oh I already got those. Just curious about this one.

I’d recommend it only if you have already paid for EA Access and would have no additional cost involved in giving it a try.

Looks like something is coming this year.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/onetime-37-qrx

Spoiler alert: It’s just a countdown that ends in 2 days.

They’ve had so many crap enteries in a row, it’s hard for me to gather any excitement for a new NFS game.

I’ll be a lot more interested if it’s a Criterion-developed entry, I will say that much.

I didn’t know Criterion was still around. I just checked their website, looks like after the second NFS: Most Wanted, they worked on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the new one), a VR Battlefront 2 game, and Burnout Paradise Remastered. So they haven’t released a game in a while. It certainly could be them.

Is it just going to be a phone game?

“Hello? Why yes, I do love to race! Oh and you do too? How wonderful! OK bye!!”

Criterion is a really small support studio these days. Most of the car game people transferred to Ghost Games who helm the NFS franchise now.

All the Ghost NFS games have been terrible misfires.

I thought Rivals was great, but the rest have been stinkers.

Guess I could start a new thread but not sure a NFS game deserves it anymore.

Need for Speed: Heat coming in November.

Cheering…golf clap…or crickets?

Need for Speed in Miami I guess. Cops, night races, day races. Looks boring. Hopefully I’m wrong.

You forgot the most important thing: RULES!

Grand Theft Auto the racing game?

“If you catch fire, run. You’ll burn faster.”

That’s terrible advice.

-Tom

Oh for-fucks-sake. How about a modern remake of NFS Porsche Unleashed ?? That’s something I’d actually enjoy.

Diego

I think their long-standing Porsche license that was valid since that game just recently ended last year or something.

Edit: It ended in 2017, and that was the exclusive license they had since Porsche Unleashed that ended. They’ll still feature Porsche in future games they say, just not exclusively. So yeah, I’d love it if they made a Porsche Unleashed remake.

I wish they’d make strips of great road like they did in the original game and just let us drive that both off and online against others. No cops. No silliness. Traffic? Ok. Do it against the clock too.