Need link: New Loch Ness video

Cnn.com:

An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland’s most mysterious lake.

I can’t find the video on the BBC site or youtube, any intarnet maestros know where to see a copy? My skeptical bone is aching.

H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sH_s18h14I

According to the article it showed up on BBC Scotland but have yet to see any links or anything else…

— Alan

Shut the fuck up.

I think this is it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_6700000/newsid_6709700?redirect=6709781.stm&news=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1

I don’t see how that can qualify as “fine” footage in any sense of the word.

Yeah, um I want to believe. Just not this footage.

Loch Ness drift wood? Loch Ness ripple? Loch Ness video aritfact? What was that?

Well, fine amongst Nessie footage, to be sure, but pretty lousy by any other standard.

H.

The problem with this video footage, is the same problem with the most famous Nessie photo (which was one of the most brilliantly conceived hoaxes of the last 100 years, using a plastic toy submarine and some plasticine):

There’s no sense of scale.

So, while this clearly wasn’t filmed in a wading pool (the photo was taken from one), there’s also no way to say how large/small this thing in the water is. 45 feet long? Who knows? From what we’re looking at, it could be 4 feet long.

I can’t believe anybody is seriously debating whether there is a genuine recording of the Loch Ness Monster. Jesus, people.

We aren’t, we’re just pointing out the obvious flaws. Be calm.

H.

Someone needs to go watch “Incident at Loch Ness.” :D

LOL, totally agree! I’ll believe it when someone shows me some video proof of The Jesus. And none of that shakey-cam bullshit.

The Jesus.

That is actually the worst Loch Ness monster footage I have ever seen. Even the puff the magic dragon video was more convincing proof of Nessie.

I don’t see why the possibility of a large animal in Loch Ness is all that, you know, impossible. But then I think there’s a good chance Bigfoot is real, too.

Second video on the right.

Maybe the Google Maps team should go drive a submarine in the Loch, or something.

The video does pull back at one point to provide scale, but it’s so quick that you really can’t tell how big the “item” is as compared to the landscape behind it.

If this is the best they can do for definitive proof they’re going to have a hard time convincing anyone.