Need recommendation - Crysis 2 or Far Cry 3

I play mostly strategy and RPGs, and want to spend some time on shooter. I like stealth and snipering in them, not interested in multiplayer. I already immensely enjoyed Borderlands (both, but 2 better), HL2 was great but too action oriented, Crysis 1 was nice, Mass Effect 1 very good too, Bioshock Inifinite absolutely gorgeous. I’m looking at Crysis 2 and Far Cry 3. Which one has more/better snipery and stealth parts in it?

I’d probably go with Far Cry 3. It’s going to scratch that jungle sniping itch better than Crysis 2 if you’re looking for that.

FarCry 3 is better, Crysis 2 is still enjoyable popcorn shooter though.

Far Cry 3, and there was a mod that looked interesting, because imo the was a bit too easy.

I’d also recommend the mod, in vanilla version it becomes a challenge to actually find some enemies to shoot after you clear out the outposts.

Far Cry 3. One of my favorite games.

Man, if only all recommendation threads were this easy! Far Cry 3!

Crysis 2 has better music :-)

I’ve only played the first half hour of each game so far. And judging just by the first impressions, I’d say Crysis 2 is better for stealth shooting. You can make yourself invisible and cap people. It’s fairly fun. Far Cry 3, on the other hand, seems to have a really busy interface and when you go up a tower to look in the distance, the scenery looks like ass. (The close up scenery looks gorgeous btw).

So far, Crysis 2 plays better and looks way better. (And this is playing both on Ultra settings).

But hey, that’s only half hour to an hour in each game. So there you go. Maybe Far Cry 3 will get better if I turn off some of the busy interface and stop looking at the mini-map instead of what’s in front of me.

Far Cry 3. Best game I’ve played in the last 18 months.

Far Cry 3 by far.