Need some gladius tips

This has recently become my GC game of choice, i’m sinking happy hours into it(i think i’m on 38 and only just started the second tier of Imperia). And apart from a few rough edges(the 3D/cut scenes are ‘rough’ compared to other titles of its time period - but this is a strat/rpg/tbs so graphics are not that important) due to a possible less than perfect production run(?), it’s been a nice surprise to discover this game.

The first time i tried it i wasn’t that enthralled, it does look a little rough and i wasn’t that keen on the large action icons in the combat scenes, and also the amount of skills/magic/items and there combinations made it quite tricky to pick up for the novice player.

Still this second time around(all of about 14 months later) i’ve had a completely different experience with it - and wonder why it seems to be an underdog?
Did it get any marketing? And does anyone else think it odd that no-where on its cover does it mention that at its heart its a tbs game? I would have thought for a console game that could have been a good selling point as this genre is thin to non-existent on the platform?

Anyway this week i’ve been loving console gaming again…thank you Gladius, and i’ll echo the call for more like it please.

The only reason I knew what this game was actually about was because an EBGames kiosk had it running. My jaw dropped, and I immediately wondered why I hadn’t heard about this game yet.

I’ve probably sunk 80 hours into it since I got it, and I’ll almost certainly go back for more someday.

Also, did anyone else here find this game preferable in “strategy mode” or whatever it was called? Where you basically turned off the ability to hit the buttons yourself and let the console do that for you?

Honestly, the game just came down to pressing buttons in sequences to rip off uber-combos if you played it out in “action” mode.

The ‘action’ mode (or whatever) became completely unbalanced when I could get a critical hit on every attack, even when I would otherwise have had a 90+% miss rate.

Turning that action-bar nonesense off is really the only way to play the game. Otherwise you should just level up a bunch of heavies, get crits on every hit, and breeze through the game.