Need to turn off Orbi 5G temporarily and usual methods not available?

We got a weather gauge that requires us to set it up via 2.4 G (after setup, we can turn 5G back on, something about the initial setup via the phone.) Normally I’d go into the wireless advanced settings on a router and turn off the broadcast for the 5G, set things up, then turn it back on.

I see no way at all to turn off 5G on my Orbi! Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Setting up separate names for 2.4 and 5 would seem the way to go, at least temporarily: https://www.tech21century.com/separate-ssid-for-2-4-and-5-ghz-on-orbi/

I’ve had the same issue with setting up a couple of smart plugs, had to get my phone on to 2.4 GHz.

Turning the Orbi 5GHz down to 25% is the closest to off it gets, that usually works for me. But it isn’t any less or more effort than changing the 5GHz SSID.

The Orbi has no options to independently modify anything on the 5G and 2.4G. For an expensive high tech router it has by far less options/controls than any other router I’ve ever owned.

Don’t suppose you could simply move far enough away that it switches you over to 2.4?

Maybe we have different firmware? I can set transmit power separately (but only to 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, not off) and I can set different SSIDs.

Which Orbi do you have? I have the RBR50 (bought it a while ago.)

We have the RBK33, so maybe a different underlying router.

Well, my problem was solved. Long story but I was gifted a Netgear Nighthawk AX12 RAX120. I swapped it out in place of my Orbi and it has the standard option to disable the SSID broadcast for either band.

There are ways to do it on the Orbi via some simple Telnet commands, but since I got this for free I figured I’d try it out. Our new house is a ranch so the need for all of the range of the Orbi isn’t nearly as high as it was in our previous house, so I think I’ll just sell the Orbi + satellite.since there’s nothing wrong with it, I still get great range and speeds with it…