Neil Gaiman's American Gods on STARZ

Showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green are leaving the show. No news on who will replace them.

Well shit.

Man, can’t Fuller actually stick around a show he created? He bailed from Discovery, too, didn’t he?

Yes, but there he left before it aired.

Welp.

That’s secondhand and no actual quote was located by the author of that article, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me. Showrunners leaving their baby isn’t generally a great sign, especially when they clearly had a ton to do with what made the show good.

Don’t see how such a unique and odd show goes on without the original creators. This pretty much kills any interest in season 2 for me.

Since Gillian Anderson won’t come back without Fuller, Starz is looking to write Media out completely.

We hear the show is searching for a 20-something, Asian woman to play the series-regular part, which symbolizes the role of social media in modern American life the same way that Gillian Anderson’s Media represented television and pop culture in Season 1.

Just completely replacing a key character at the last minute always works out great and doesn’t bode ill for the coming season at all!

I had asssumed there wouldn’t be a season 2 at all. The show had some visual similarities to Hannibal (thanks Bryan Fuller?) which I’d assume will be lost if they continue.