Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

The correct response to Cernovich is to repeat his statements with a lisp, since he has a hillarious one.

So, for this:
“How muth were you paid for thith tweet?”

https://twitter.com/ActualRacist/status/904766407933665280

This is the platform the alt-right made because Twitter kept banning them for being fuckholes, so they said they’d make their own Twitter with unrestricted free speech.

Remember the descendant of Robert E. Lee’s that delivered this speech for Heather Hyer on the MTV VMA show?

“My name is Robert Lee IV; I am a descendant of Robert E. Lee, the Civil War general whose statue was at the center of violence in Charlottesville. We have made my ancestor an idol of white supremacy, racism and hate. As a pastor it is my moral duty to speak out against racism, America’s original sin. Today, I call on all of us with privilege and power to answer God’s call to confront racism and white supremacy head-on. We can find inspiration in the Black Lives Matter movement, the women who marched in the Women’s March in January and especially Heather Heyer who died fighting for her beliefs in Charlottesville.”

So that turned out not so well for him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/us/robert-lee-iv-resigns-church-pastor-mtv-vma-confederate/index.html

When contacted Tuesday and asked to elaborate, Lee declined to provide many specifics. He said “the community backlash and the backlash toward the church” helped drive his decision, as did his sentiment that he and some church members “obviously had different mission ideas and goals.”

Man, it’s not everyday you’ll hear me call a religious person–much less clergyman–a hero, but that guy is a brave motherfucker for taking that stand and going down rather than backing down.

Actual Christians are pretty remarkable people. A minority, but amazing folks for the most part.

Oh yeah definitely. As a confirmed grumpy old atheist I can freely admit that I find an awful lot that’s admirable in the teachings of christ, at least as I understand them from documents that have been re-translated/edited over the intervening centuries.

Modern american puritanical christianity is awful and intolerant and smug, but I would have nothing but respect for a person trying to live a life of poverty and humilitry and non judgmental service.

I agree with everything said here in these posts. I just wish I met more of these people. Because it was the arrogance of the assumption of assumed moral superiority that helped push me away from Christianity (a huge chunk of that was becoming a liberal arts major and watching how it generally treats gays, at least here in SW Ohio). And my anecdotal experiences over the last 25 years since becoming agnostic really tend to reaffirm that decision. It’s wrong to say, but if you tell me you’re a Christian a negative stereotype immediately goes in place until you prove it wrong to me.

Statistically you’re probably justified in that mindset.

Then again, the good ones tend to just be Christians, the ones who tell you how Christian they are… not so much.
They’ll only bring it up if something horrific happens to them, like you wrong them horribly.
“As a Christian, I’m taught to turn the other cheek, so I forgive you this unforgivable thing.”

Look to Pope Francis as a good example of how Christians are supposed to act.

An interesting test of someone’s grasp of and dedication to Christianity, is how well they know the book of Matthew. Matthew has a lot of Christ’s core teachings, and they generally all center around being good to your fellow man.

If someone doesn’t know anything about that book, they don’t actually care about Christ.

I go off if they open with the Old Testament (since all of the worst ones always do), but Matthew is a good gauge.

How has he not died from his own stupidity yet? Lack of opportunity?

Am I the only one that doesn’t get what’s going on with that tweet?

He claimed someone photoshopped a pic of him with a gun and he was going to sue because it made him look crazy and endangered his life or some bullshit.
He posted the photo himself last month. They got the photo from him.

So Rush is telling people that Irma is a hoax.

No Al, those people should keep listening to him and save us all the bother.

So apparently libertarians are the new target for the alt-right, which makes sense since a group that wants to protect civil rights is going to be an issue when you want to strip people of civil rights and start killing them.
https://twitter.com/ViewsfromtheRW/status/905828628155518978

Are you sure they know what Libertarians are? Or maybe they just see the cognate “Lib” in the name and instinctively ATTACK!

They know. Though I think a lot of them get triggered by the word liberty and any roots or variations thereof at the end of the day.

https://twitter.com/ViewsfromtheRW/status/905565097136926725

Also: