Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

The idea that one would even have to articulate the concept of shying away from using Nazis as villains, or feel that one should issue a press release defending the choice…

shudder

Nazis are supposed to be offended by the actions of a free society. We are supposed to offend Nazis. It’s our patriotic duty!

I have trouble imagining a scenario where back when Raiders of the Lost Ark came out, people would say, “Hey, this is unfair how Nazis are being portrayed!”

In high school, I went to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with a buddy from school. I remember him not liking it and as we walked to the car he said something about the portrayal of Nazis. This had to do with his mother being German and him trying to grapple with her reality vs. comic book villainy.

Well, was she just a German, or was she an actual freaking Nazi?

I mean, I tend to be less charitable than some to the normal German person during WWII, because I think it is in fact our responsibility as citizens to not let our nations do horrific things. As an American, I am partially responsible for what Trump does, and thus it’s my responsibility to stop him from doing terrible stuff, to the best of my ability. Even moreso for the people who actually supported him.

Same goes for Germans in Nazi Germany. Those guys had a responsibility to stop that shit from happening, and they failed. And while it’s nice to pretend like they all really hated it, that’s a lie. It wasn’t some tiny minority which was going along with all that stuff. They were sold on it.

And the Nazis were fucking evil fucks.

Now why in hell did we give up on the Germans? Since the damn politicians in Washington chalked them up on our side, the wars ever since have been a national disgrace. Hell, look at history. The two best wars this country ever fought were against the Gerry’s. I say get the Krauts on the other side of the fence where they belong. Let’s get back to the kind of enemy worth killing, and the kind of war this whole country can support.

I didn’t ask. Probably my earliest experience with, “Don’t ask questions you don’t want to know the answers to.”

My mother is German; emigrated out of Germany when she was 8 (1953). I used to assume that side of the family was more on the German side of the German<—>Nazi continuum, but after seeing how they are with Trump and his views… yeah, you know, I’m kind of reconsidering a lot of my assumptions.

We did watch a lot of Raiders of the Lost Ark when I was a kid, though!

That’s pretty strong stuff, sir.

Wondering why they aren’t protesting zombie games too, as those would be perceived to be insensitive to the brain dead too…

This got me to pre-purchase Wolfenstein II immediately depite being less motivated to play fps games these days.

Trigger warning for the tapir averse (apologies in advance, admins).

Did the alt right have a fucking alt education? It appears that being racist not only means that you have atrocious spelling and shit grammar, but that you also failed fucking GCSE history, and yes, I’m ultra aware that I’m treading on very thin ice with this post, and that some clever cunt will no doubt list all of my typos and fuck ups immediately in the comments. It’s a a gamble I’m willing to take.

(Apologies also for the sorta click-baity link.)

brilliant

The Purge Movie came out in 2013 and he’s just getting a casting call now? No wonder he’s a small time actor ;)

There is a fourth film in the works, as well as TV show. He’s still a dumbass, but that could be what the casting notices are for.

Now I’m tempted to start placing ads for an upcoming TV pilot called “Not Paranoid: Lefty Gonna Getchya”

Middle School homework in GA?

Parents are concerned after they say middle school students were asked to create a mascot for the Nazi party as part of a homework assignment.

The assignment was given to sixth grade students at Shiloh Middle School in Snellville.

Students were asked to create a mascot to represent the Nazi party at its political rallies, create a colorful illustration, give the mascot a name and write an explanation on why it was chosen.

Sounds like a teacher’s mistake, but good grief!

I dunno - it could be a positive move to create an iconic image summing up all the darkest and most immoral urges of mankind in an effigy that could be burned.