Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

Dude lives within minutes from me. The Applebee’s mentioned in the NYT piece was a regular snack place for me and the wife 20 years ago.

Timex’s post from months ago about how these people are so typically white trash losers who need to blame some minority for their own failures in life comes to mind again.

Looks like she stole his speech notes.

This is shit all around. As a German seeing the Nazi asshats raising their ugly mugs again all overt the world, including here, is horrifying in a way I can´t put to words. I have a daughter on the way and I intensely hope we can turn a corner. I don`t want her to grow up in a word full of hate.

Original tweets are from deputy leader of Britain First, which aims to provoke a Christian/Muslim religious war.

Britain First are openly racist white supremacists and ethno-nationalists.

edit: vote him right in the ballot box instead.

Trump retweeting neo Nazis, and the GOP cowards just roll blithely along. Gotta get that ‘tax cut’ so the Koch money train keeps making stops. Fuck them.

I understand how passionate everyone can be about this subject, but I would be much obliged if the otherwise reasonable posters on this forum would refrain from openly advocating, approving of, or encouraging the killing of people, no matter reprehensible those people are. You may continue to advocate fucking them in the ear or whatever other colorful turns of phrase you’d like to apply, but please ease up on the killing stuff.

-Tom

Hear, hear. More sugar in the gas tank, less cutting of brake lines.

Not summarily executing loathsome Others is what separates Us from Them.

Apologies, but I saw red and ragetyped that.

The damage, pain and suffering caused by his empowerment of these vermin is massive.

I feel like this should be the motto for something, but I’m not sure what.

Also the fact that they want to execute you based on your race, rather than based on stopping you from executing innocent people.

Drawing equivalence is like saying putting a kidnapper in prison is the same as kidnapping people.

We can have a lot of fun taking turns on the metaphorical slip n’ slide.

But instead of inciting the good people of this forum to violence, even to capital crimes, how about we brainstorm and implement positive counters to Naziism? Bonus points for concrete and applicable methods we can use in our localities, and more bonus points for actions that don’t have terrible consequences like prison sentences and fora shutdowns.

Here’s a start (doesn’t have to be the best idea just 'cause it’s first out of the gate; it’s an icebreaker):

Figure out how our local communities pushed back against hate groups historically, like America First before Pearl Harbor or the KKK. Was it through grass roots initiatives, or was it just through Captain America socking Hitler on a comic book cover and Superman portraying Klansmen as idjits on “his” radio show? Surely the right-minded people of the time didn’t twiddle their thumbs until lowbrow pop culture came to save them.

Thank goodness.

We went to war against the Nazis… that’s pretty concrete. Talking did nothing.

I’m a foreign national, this is about urging regime change in a country ruled by a neonazi supremacist oligarchy. Organising the local freedom fighters to rise up is as American as apple pie.

Yep. Yep, yep, that’s the profile.

I have a college friend whose alcoholic, underemployed, untreated manic depressive, massive weight gaining self loathing was always appropriately aimed at himself…Until Obama was elected. Now he hates Muslims and believes illegal immigrants are living large on the imaginary hard work and clean living that are his genetic heritage as a WASP. There’s a whole industry running on telling him his mess of a life is someone else’s fault.

Fascist! ;P