Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

Nope, I don’t even want to know.

All right. done.

So yes I did see that episode of CSI. It taught me a new word, yiff. I didn’t know there were Neo Nazis in the furry world, and they have a comic or something. Oh, and there is that SJW label people throw around in hate but try to describe as not at all hate.

So yeah, white supremacy going into all corners of the Earth to recruit, even Furry communities… well hate will go wherever it can recruit.

This guy. How screwed up are you when you think legit Nazis would embrace your furry lifestyle?

They would though wouldn’t they? They would still treat a white guy in a costume better than any person of color and of course women… they would just turn on neo nazis furries when everyone else was taken care of.

Depends on the flavor. I remember when an online alt-righter almost got his ass beat by some hardcore Aryan Brotherhood biker types at some rally a few months back. He was talking about the memes while they jerk off to the Turner Diaries every night.

If anything, we’ve seen how easily fragmented these groups are of late. When your unifying theme is hatred, it turns out it’s hard for you to work well with others.

Look, I know that it’s frowned upon to beat kids as parents, or bully kids for being different… Hell, I was a geek, and dealt with my share of bullying.

But some part of me really says, “Seriously, this is what happens when people don’t get their ass kicked enough.”

I mean, it’s bad enough that some dude is a nazi. But a Nazi in a fucking fur suit? How does that person NOT get their ass kicked? Like, every day? I realize that part of this is just me being older, but damn if I don’t feel like there is a serious shortage of shame existing here.

It seems like the same group that bitches about safe spaces and people getting soft is the same group that really gets their feathers ruffled when you talk about punching Nazis. They’re not consistent at all. They just want their world. And in this world, you can’t punch Nazis but people should have no safe spaces because that’s too soft. So everyone gets to say and do whatever they want but somehow no one gets hurt because in their world words have no power which is… not a real world at all.

Oh god, no. Stop. Help. No. Not here. Ugh. No.

Never has a “dust off and nuke the site from orbit” reference been more apt. Holy-moly.

I’m old-school I guess, but I can’t disagree with that sentiment. Sometimes a thumpin’ does a body good (speaking as someone who earned an ass-kicking a time or two).

I’m not going to read that article, because… well, because… OK, I cannot actually articulate why I don’t want to click on that link. I’m not gonna. But I will share a story that is not about Nazis.

My wife has a thing for cows. Not “a thing” in bizarre sense of the word, but the general “Oh I think [X animal] is sooo cute!” sort of way that people have. So one year she decided that she would make me a cow costume to wear for Halloween. She worked on it for many weeks.

It was made of the heavy fake-fur material rather than cloth, stuffed with wadding/quilting material to bulk it out, and it was ludicrously hot to wear, especially since it came with a hat/hood made of the same material. The hat had horns, because some cows have horns. Mostly male cows. The suit also had bright pink udders, because that too is a cow thing. Mostly for female cows, to be sure.

I was totally game for all this because at the end of the day I am a very tall, grim-looking man who is generally confident enough to take a lot of ribbing. My one change to the costume was to add a bladder inside the suit that fed out through one of the udders – I would fill the bladder with Bailly’s Irish Cream and then offer to spike people’s coffee with it. It was delightfully disturbing.

The costume was finished the night before Halloween, and the next day was a work day. And a Friday. At the time I worked at a very large federal headquarters and I was pretty well-know and had been with my team for several years. I felt pretty comfortable wearing the silly costume in to work, wandering around the cubicle-farm for an hour or so and offering to spike people’s coffee.

I was not the only person in costume. Far from it - it was Friday, and Halloween. I’d say that maybe one in ten people had a costume or some piece of “themed” clothing. Lots of folks were pointing at me and smiling, which of course was the point.

But as I went along, standing in line to get a donut or just walking down the hall, I started to sense that I was being paid more attention to than even my height and the ridiculousness of the costume explained. It was a silly costume but there were better ones on display, and even my mixed-gender thing shouldn’t be sending people into spasms of gut-busting laughter…?

Well, you can probably see where this is going. The date was October 31, 2003, and the “Fur and Loathing” episode of CSI had aired the night before. At the time, the series was nearly at the height of its popularity… although my wife and I had never actually seen an episode.

It made for a series of really weird conversations while people asked me about conventions and used the word “yiff” while I kind of stood there and wondered what the living Hell was going on. Hours later a co-worker mercifully pulled me aside and explained the situation, at which point I decided NOT to wear the costume to the cafeteria for lunch.

Beating kids doesn’t automatically make for well-behaved kids; it just continues the cycle of violence. A lot of the people that say “Oh, I was whupped as a kid by my dad and I’m just fine!” are some of the assholes that voted for Trump, discriminate against people different from themselves, hate foreigners, hate the poor, etc. And I’m sure a lot of the people that weren’t spanked, beaten, etc, are the same. Has nothing to do with the type of person you become, except you learned it was OK to beat or hit those weaker than yourself.

That is hilarious. What timing. :)

Yes, this.

For every person who “turned out just fine” there are 9 who didn’t. The research that’s out there says any violence towards children has bad outcomes on a number of factors for the kid as an adult.

Yeah, I know that beating kids isn’t right.

But it also feel like folks should probably have a more healthy sense of shame than they do these days.

OH YEAH ROWE33??? WHY DONT U COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE. BY THE FLAG POLE!

I seem to recall that you’re bigger than me from some post lately so I’ll have to decline! :D

It’s probably the one where he held in a couple gallons of beer and punched gravity in the face, so good call!

I think he’s like 7 feet tall, right? I mean, might as well be from my eyeballs down here at my average American male height.

Kevin claims to be something in the 6’6” range.

I’ve always taken comfort in the fact that, for me, I am either stronger or faster than whoever would pick a fight. Maybe less true than when in my 20’s, but I’m still a fairly fit man in the 200lb ballpark who lifts, and can run a sub 6 minutes mile.

I suspect I’d have to outrun Kevin ;)