Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

The question I have is why now? Trump bombed the exact same country earlier, why did they stick with him last time but this time they’re turning on him?

Because they’re crazy? A coherent worldview and rational behavior have hard times maintaining themselves within minds prone to conspiracy theories, regardless of whether that mind is right or left wing.

I’m convinced that the conspiracy mind is a sign of brain damage. I suspect the Truthers, the Birthers, the Natural News antivaxers, the anti-GMO hysterics, they all have something structurally wrong in the brain.

It’s a bit of a dystopian assessment.

No, it’s a hopeful assessment. It’s something physical we could point at to show why one group is different from another.

Sadly, a scarier assessment is that these people aren’t that far off the average. That humans are capable of being stupid and vile and that isn’t being this way isn’t an outlier.

Look at recent history, places like Syria, Dafur, WW 2 (both Germany and Japan).

We have a good few decades, but I think this period of time is the outlier, without a lot of effort, this outlier won’t last that much longer.

Great interview with Edward Ayers, American historian & one of the BackStory with The American History Guys co-hosts.

What are you hopeful for in this moment of American history? What are you afraid of, or worried about?

I hope that all the people of good will can find commonality. That there are a lot of fundamental things in this nation that transcend any particular identity that we might have. Freedom of the press, freedom to vote, freedom of conscience and related values have gotten a little fragmented. My hope is that people will find a common voice to come together and to defend freedom and democracy more broadly.

What do I fear? Resentment and resistance will actually gain force rather than be diminished in the struggle that is to come. That’s the big question. Will people realize that we’re standing on the precipice of something much worse if we keep going down the road we are on? Or will they say, “Wait – this is not really what’s best about America"?

I think that it would in fact be hilarious to watch Trump supporters try to understand Dennis Miller’s humor.

Meanwhile, in 2018, Pizzagate is still a real thing, and the guy who went in there with a gun has now been retconned.

“That was a false flag,” Crokin said. “What the deep state did is they created a false flag even that tried to make people like me and anyone researching Pizzagate look hysterical and they said that anyone that is saying that Pizzagate is real, they’re responsible for this gunman coming to the pizza parlor and trying to hurt people.”

“The gunman went to Comet Ping Pong and conveniently didn’t hurt anyone,” she added, “but the gunman shot up the computer server, conveniently where allegedly there was graphic content on this computer server that may indeed prove that child trafficking went on at this restaurant.”

I don’t buy it. I’m much more inclined to go with the hypothesis that a huge chunk of the support was driven by Obama/Clinton conspiracy theories which just don’t play as well when they are private citizens with the racist crowd. (Which isn’t even mentioned in the article).

The effect of the Nazi salute videos from Charlottesville and the insane actions by supporters also have had a huge impact, IMHO.

So Crokin knows this is happening and is too chickenshit to do anything about it?

The guy who went in with the rifle and got arrested was an idiot, but he did what anyone who actually believed this bullshit would do: he went to stop it. Everyone who “believes” in Pizzagate is full of shit or a coward because there isn’t an army of them going there to stop it.

If there was a sex slavery shop down the street and I knew it was real, I wouldn’t be talking about it online. I’d be there with my M1 putting a stop to it. These people are basically saying: “Yeah kids are getting raped over there, but I’m just gonna talk about it and not do anything to stop it.”

I’d call the cops. I’m not vigilante enough to go charging in with a gun.

Well you have to believe the cops are in on it, it’s part of the conspiracy.

Then I would curl up into a little ball.

Marine doxxed as key figure in Charlottesville

Uneducated, racist morons. The base of the trump collective. Seriously, watch the video.

That is amazing.

Obviously they’re just little gargoyles, meant to scare off the real racists.