Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

OMG hahahahahahahahahah

The Southern Baptist Convention’s annual meeting turned chaotic in Phoenix this week over a resolution that condemned white supremacy and the alt-right. On Tuesday, leaders initially declined to consider the proposal submitted by a prominent black pastor in Texas, Dwight McKissic, and only changed course after a significant backlash. On Wednesday afternoon, the body passed a revised statement against the alt-right. But the drama over the resolution revealed deep tension lines within a denomination that was explicitly founded to support slavery.

A few weeks before the meeting was slated to start, McKissic published his draft resolution on a popular Southern Baptist blog called SBC Voices. The language was strong and pointed.

It affirmed that “there has arisen in the United States a growing menace to political order and justice that seeks to reignite social animosities, reverse improvements in race relations, divide our people, and foment hatred, classism, and ethnic cleansing.” It identified this “toxic menace” as white nationalism and the alt-right, and urged the denomination to oppose its “totalitarian impulses, xenophobic biases, and bigoted ideologies that infect the minds and actions of its violent disciples.” It claimed that the origin of white supremacy in Christian communities is a once-popular theory known as the “curse of Ham,” which taught that “God through Noah ordained descendants of Africa to be subservient to Anglos” and was used as justification for slavery and segregation. The resolution called on the denomination to denounce nationalism and “reject the retrograde ideologies, xenophobic biases, and racial bigotries of the so-called ‘alt-right’ that seek to subvert our government, destabilize society, and infect our political system.”

Altright .com, the infamous website founded by white nationalist Richard Spencer, is no longer accessible Thursday morning after it was taken down by its host, GoDaddy.

In a statement provided to BuzzFeed News, a spokesperson for GoDaddy said that Spencer was given 48 hours to transfer the Altright .com domain to a different host before it was removed.

“In instances where a site goes beyond the mere exercise of these freedoms, however, and crosses over to promoting, encouraging, or otherwise engaging in specific acts of violence against any person, we will take action,” GoDaddy’s statement read. “It is our determination that altright .com crossed the line and encouraged and promoted violence in a direct and threatening manner.”

Spencer told BuzzFeed News that he has not yet found a new host for the site.

Spencer told BuzzFeed News that he has not yet found a new host for the site. “We’re working on solving the problem, and solving it in a permanent way. So this might take some time,” Spencer said.

I’m sure the Russians would be happy to host it. Sowing discord is their thing.

Erm, I dunno. Russians aren’t big on Nazis.

Actually… they’re pretty okay with them as long as their Russian.

Russian Nazis “helped out” in Ukraine.

No word what “agitated” this guy.

Witnesses said Adam Purinton yelled, “Get out of my country,” before fatally shooting Srinivas Kuchibhotla on February 22, 2017.

The two Indian men, both 32 at the time, were having a drink at the bar after work when Purinton got agitated.

He was asked to leave by Grillot, a regular at the bar. But instead of leaving, Purinton stormed out of the bar and drove away.

He returned shortly afterward and opened fire in the bar, shooting the victims. He then fled and was arrested hours later at an Applebee’s restaurant 70 miles away in Clinton, Missouri.

In 911 calls, an Applebee’s bartender told police that a man admitted to shooting two “Iranian” people in Olathe and was looking for a place to hide.

The judge sentenced Purinton to life in prison without the possibility of parole for 50 years for one first-degree murder charge, and an additional 165 months each for the other two attempted first-degree murder charges.

Eating good in the neighborhood!

I figure this as good of a place to mention it as anywhere.

The KKK, two branches actually, are openly recruiting here now. They’re laying out fliers. Some individuals called the police but of course it free speech so they can’t do anything. It would have been nice of the police chief actually said you know we don’t like this but it is free speech but they were pretty neutral about, good guys on both sides right?

Not only are they recruiting, their material apparently refers to them as non-violent, white and… Christian.

Haven’t they always considered themselves Christian?

I believe the proper term is Kristian.

Yes, but there was a discussion around here, forget which topic, about whether they should be labeled a Christian group or not and some debate about it. Probably a discussion involving Islam.

The KKK has always been a Christian group, it’s just that in the past basically everyone was christian, so their main identification among normal people was not their christianity, but their overt racism and shit.

Fuck that shit.

People always think of Oregon as happy hippieville, but the place is ~90% white and racist as fuck. Some of them try to play it off like it’s just Californian invaders (and their money) that they hate, but even a college town like Eugene, which is much more diverse than anything more than two miles from interstate 5, is chock full of isolationist hatemongers.

I live in a bedroom community full of high school educated red-hats (that haven’t ever been more than 20 miles from home) that are as racist and scared as anybody I’ve known from my time in the south too.

Haha, you don’t have to convince me.

Our news sites are full of people wondering why no one calls when a leftist flier is left and only the KKK which is just white power like every other race has and, of course, they consider the lives taken by historical KKK members as fake news because we now live in a world where everything not liked by the right is just considered fake.

It’s not a good world or time we live in when the KKK can openly recruit members without fear of being absolutely rejected and run out of town… in Oregon. And yes we have a fair amount in common with the red states but I thought we were heading in the other direction, for awhile.

Oh, I was replying to your post, but agreeing with you and informing other people. I wouldn’t presume to tell you something you didn’t already know on this particular local issue.

That wasn’t me literally laughing at you. That was just, say me chuckling and saying, yep, and i know it. Like if you were sitting at a table with me and I was nodding in agreement but chuckling first because what you say sounds absurd to those who don’t know but those who do… well.

Oregon has a gross history of holding on to a white isolationist state. When it joined the union as a state it had laws forbidding blacks from even entering its borders, and this didn’t change in til almost 1930!

It is harder to play Oregon Trail after learning that many of the actual pioneers on the Trail were explicitly looking for a whites-only land to settle.