Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

(via)

Who are the anti-fascists? What motivates them to risk their lives to fight the far right? What is the history of militant anti-fascism and why is it relevant again today? How is anti-fascism connected to a larger political vision that can stop the rise of fascism and offer us visions of a future worth fighting for? Through interviews with anti-fascist organizers, historians, and political theorists in the US and Germany, we explore the broader meaning of this political moment while taking the viewer to the scene of street battles from Washington to Berkeley and Charlottesville.

Most of them are just the same anarchists we’ve always seen that found a new label that was more appealing.

Antifa are a broad spectrum across the left. Black bloc anarchists have always been the frontline street muscle, but the diversity of “antifa” is behind them, it’s simply anyone who opposes fascists, with fists, with placards, with words, or with music.

Well, in America at least, most of them are the same ole same ole with some random regular protesters who don’t know any better.

They’ve always been an issue anytime any group is protesting. They’re more than happy to attack members of the press or throw bricks through windows or the rest of it.

Just because you are taller than everyone, don’t start getting fancy.

Use a pole arm instead. Much better reach and piercing damage.

Or slashing, depending on the DR of the target.

Halberds are dope.

e: oh shit and also trip attacks from two squares away

Would @KevinC have a bonus to reach? He might be able to go 3 squares with a forgiving DM

I built Papa John’s from the ground up and remain its largest shareholder. I love my Company, its employees, franchisees and customers.

The Board wants to silence me. So this is my website, and my way to talk to you.

Pretty sure if he loved all his customers he wouldn’t have said what he did, on multiple occasions. Next up Jimmy John makes a website about why straddling a shark naked is everyone else’s fault.

If he loved his customers he would have made better pizza.

Egomaniacs gonna egomania.

like.

https://twitter.com/PapaJohns/status/1033062371928035328

https://www.papajohns.com/values/

I was appointed the CEO of Papa John’s earlier this year. As the new CEO, I want to share the values that will drive the transformation of Papa John’s.

• An independent cultural audit and investigation of our diversity and inclusion practices is underway, with actionable recommendations to follow.
  • I, along with other Papa John’s leaders, visited Atlanta, Los Angeles, Dallas, Detroit and Chicago as part of a listening tour to get feedback from team members and franchisees on how we can do better.
  • Recently, the Papa John’s leadership team completed unconscious bias training. We will be rolling out the program across the company.
  • I am personally committed to adding more diversity to the leadership team of Papa John’s.
  • We’re assembling a special advisory group comprised of nationally-respected diversity, equity and inclusion experts to help guide us.
  • We’re kicking off the development of two key long-term initiatives:
    • The Papa John’s minority-owned franchise expansion and development program; and
    • Formation of a new foundation that will be focused on making a positive impact in communities where our team members live and work. We will support causes that bring people together.

That’s great, but was the anger directed towards the company in general or John Schnatter specifically?

Regardless, I hope they are successful in implementing those bullets and make meaningful progress rather than just a temporary PR lift.

So Silent Sam will be re-erected (as, supposedly, required by state law). I’m sure there will be protests, but if the protesters were really smart they would simply insist that it be re-installed with exactly the same dedication speech as the first time, in full. Make the president of the university do it, or the speaker of the NC House.

Papa John’s pizza is shit but that’s one of the best responses I’ve seen by a corporation in regards to concerns about racism. I would love to see a similar program rolled out all over corporate America

The problem is, currently, you cannot separate the two. That’s what the board is trying to do by ousting him and removing him from marketing. That won’t make their pizza any better but at least if you see the name Papa John’s someday that response might not be hey isn’t that the guy who blamed the lack of sales of his pizza on kneeling NFL players, claimed it wasn’t racist, and then was caught complaining about not being able to be a racist and get away with it in a conference call.

I trust I may be pardoned for one allusion, howbeit it is rather personal. One hundred yards from where we stand, less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse-whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds, because upon the streets of this quiet village she had publicly insulted and maligned a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison, and for thirty nights afterwards slept with a double-barrel shot gun under my head.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/08/23/i-am-papa-john-ousted-pizza-chain-founder-wants-his-company-back/?utm_term=.fd567f6e7b21

His new website, SavePapaJohns.com, says as much in bold, capitalized letters.

The ousted founder of one of country’s largest pizza chains has relentlessly tried to reclaim his company since resigning as its board chairman last month. His latest move: launch the web site, complete with a dump of press statements and legal documents that he believes will win over employees, investors and customers alike.

“The Board wants to silence me,” the site’s homepage reads in red letters. “So this is my website, and my way to talk to you.”

Fuck him.