Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

I can’t unsee it now.

On no planet and in no scenario is that right. He drew the hammer fucking backwards. If he’d drawn it the other way you could at least pretend it was normal if you ignored the nonsensical movement lines. But… he didn’t. And you can’t.

To be fair, this is actually true. Downtown SF has become a real shithole, and the city is spending hundreds of millions to clean it up.

As I said, Ben Garrison is the worst artist ever.

I was last there in 2011, and had a great time like usual. My co-worker went there with his wife two months ago, and he keeps telling us that the city is a complete mess now, with homeless people on every street.

Last GDC I took a one street detour from my usual route to the hotel and immediately regretted it. The city has gotten much, much worse in just the last 5 years.

Yeah, my GDC days took me on some walks into blocks I’d sooner have avoided. This was circa 2013-2015.

I wonder how much it’s measurably worse vs. people pay attention and notice now. I suspect unbiased analytics will be hard to come by given how politically charged it all is.

Well no one can afford to live there anymore thus the homeless. The tech companies are pricing everyone else right out of the market and out of their homes… which is why they keep moving here.

Can’t be. The Streets of San Francisco are run by Telly Savalas and Michael Douglas. They’d never allow that to happen.

(Okay, I know I’m showing my age here).

Yeah, I got an earful from a parent about how California is overrun with homeless drug users now, and needles cover the streets. Also, they’re going to give all the illegals (and only the illegals) completely free healthcare. Or something.

Fox is a force for evil.

Kojak was great in those American Express commercials.

Looks like Don Knotts.

Apparently Woodward’s new book contains the claim that Trump thinks denouncing the Charlottesville Nazis was one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

This book’s summary alone is mind blowing in that we didn’t even imagine how amazingly bad it is.

I think we all imagined it. We just hoped we were wrong. He’s a six year old in mind and an 80 year old in body.

Man, all this throwing shade at six year olds…

Should probably insert a “grudgingly” in there somewhere. A war with the Axis powers was really popular with Roosevelt. Not so much with the average American. If Japan hadn’t attacked first, US would have sat out the war, IMO, and treated with whoever came out the winner.

We picked sides long before we put boots on the ground.

That is true, but also largely driven by the Executive Branch decisions. It was not impossible for the US to avoid active involvement, and it is not inconceivable that the main reason we did get involved was Roosevelt pushing for it. Had an isolationist President been in power, I dare say it is even likely.

And let’s not forget that Germany declared war on the US. Had they not done so, it may not have brought the US in against Germany. We might have just fought the Japanese. Is it likely? Perhaps not, but it certainly would not have happened as early as it did otherwise.

Basically the government had chosen sides, but the people certainly had not. Not until the hand was forced. So had Lend Lease and other ‘im not involved in the war, but I so totally am’ programs not been put in place by the Roosevelt administration, i don’t find it completely implausible the US never joins the war.

The 1941 Saturday Evening Post agrees with you!