Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

I suppose there was some momentum leading up to the war. But Americans tend to look at WWII with rose-tinted glasses. There was enough sympathy for the Germans (and to some degree I think “isolationism” was just a code word for it in order to remain “politically correct”) in the bulk of the America at the time IMO that without Roosevelt the US might have dithered until it eventually rolled over on its back if a victorious Germany came knocking. Remember that German POWs were treated very kindly by Americans, compared even to US citizens of Japanese descent who got sent into the desert in concentration camps.

I accept that Zina Bash is Jewish or whatever so it’s not a legit thing, but I’m not convinced she didn’t think it was a funny troll. It looks weirdly deliberate and it’s so long.

Mexican. (I kid, I kid.)

And the going rate for punching Nazis is: $1.00 (plus pro bono defense costs)

That’s a good bargain.

I mean… I have about $120 in my wallet right now.

@RichVR wins the internet today

Now she’s choosing to lean into it:

I’m pretty tired of this ironic/trolly/memey/twitterfied component of our political culture. It’s like a bunch of 7th graders at a school lunch table.

I’m tired of the white supremacist component of (one side) of our political culture.

You guys sure she’s not showing Snot Boogie she wants 3 yellowtops after the hearing?

This America, man.

Maybe she’s just scratching her Nazi arm

I get that, but I doubt I’ll ever get tired of vids of white supremacists getting clocked.

Perfection

Well he could have at least parroted what others usually say in that case. State Rights! State rights to do what… ummm slavery.

Bay Area Rapid Transit (Bart) officials defended their decision to allow ads for the Institute for Historical Review (IHR), which the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has classified as a hate group that aims to “defend Nazism” and spread Holocaust denial propaganda.

The electronic billboards, which say “History Matters!” and provide the name of the California-based organization, are in rotation at two Bart stations in San Francisco. They come at a time when antisemitic incidents have accelerated at alarming rates in the US and across the world, and as far-right groups and neo-Nazis have increasingly pushed racist and fascist views under the guise of advocating for free speech.

“We cannot deny the ads,” a Bart spokeswoman, Alicia Trost, said in an interview on Tuesday, noting that the agency does not endorse the message or group. “You have to look at it for exactly what words are used and what images are used … There is plenty of case law and court rulings that show if you deny the ad, you can be taken to court, and you’ll lose, and that’s obviously costly.”