Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

Showtime has a show called ‘Our Cartoon President’ which I guess is all about an animated Trump.

I look at the promos for it with total bewilderment. “You really think I want to see more of that guy?”

Edelweiss Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

He’s not alone. Though fascists and their ilk fundraised aggressively to cover their legal costs in the wake of “Unite the Right,” many of them, especially the organizers and those directly linked to violence in Charlottesville, appear to be broke and enjoy few options for financial recourse. This comes despite the fact that the GOP, and, all too often the mainstream press, have either embraced or given cover for various violent far-rightists.

“I wouldn’t say they’re faring very well,” Keegan Hankes, a senior research analyst with the Southern Poverty Law Center, told Splinter of the “alt-right’s” financial status. “The vast majority of outspoken white supremacists or otherwise extremist groups have lost access to fundraising platforms like PayPal, Google Pay, and others like [them] have started enforcing their longstanding terms of services.” The white nationalist movement has by no means been entirely taken out by these efforts, but they’re not exactly rolling in dough right now.

One largely under-reported contributor to these circumstances is the meticulous, ongoing work of anti-racist and anti-fascist activists and civil rights groups. Using a common anti-fascist tactic called “no platform” which denies a person or group a platform to speak or organize (it’s sometimes called “de-platforming”), activists have helped make it difficult for white nationalists to fundraise online, stymying fascist activism by cutting off their income and fundraising capabilities. In a financial context, no platform means cutting the far right off from fundraising—both from crowdsourced fundraising platforms such as Patreon, and from collecting money directly via their own websites.

Thoughts and prayers.

I wonder if this is causing them economic anxiety?

This is fine.

Nicola Sturgeon has pulled out of a conference being jointly hosted by the BBC next month after learning that Donald Trump’s former strategist Steve Bannon had been invited to take part.

Scotland’s first minister said that allowing Bannon to freely express his opinions risked “legitimising or normalising far-right, racist views”.

She was also critical of the BBC for an attempt to justify Bannon’s inclusion at the three-day News Xchange event in Edinburgh on 13 November in an email sent to her office.

She tweeted on Saturday: “I believe passionately in free speech but as @ScotGovFM I have to make balanced judgments – and I will not be part of any process that risks legitimising or normalising far-right, racist views. I regret that the BBC has put me and others in this position.”

She later added: “The email the BBC sent to my office justifying Bannon’s inclusion described him as a ‘powerful and influential figure … promoting an anti-elite movement’. This kind of language to describe views that many would describe as fascist does seem to me to run the risk of normalisation.”

That’s Masterpiece Cakeshop encouraging more right-to-discriminate decisions.

Except that you explicitly do not have the right to discriminate against someone on the basis of their religion. That’s a protected class.

It is, if the courts say it is.

It’s telling that the Trump administration is even considering this.

And why wouldn’t a Protestant group work with Jewish people?

They killed Jesus. Duh.

I guess they are testing how slippery the slope is.

Literally yelling at a feces on the ground.

Game recognize game.

If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life.

I just always assume that is how he gets himself motivated in the morning, after he brushes his teeth and right before he starts shaving.

Is he trying to do comedy bits now? That’s his strategy to get out of his pending lawsuits? It was all a joke bro. Just satire.

So… at Cruz?

This guy is a badass nazi killer.