Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

Basically? A gathering place for the sexually disaffected youth who have allowed this to dominate their identity. As such they take a rather idiosyncratic, unhealthy, and twisted view of sexuality and male dominance.

At least that’s as much as I remember from the few times I’ve seen it pop up. I steadfastly refuse to look further.

Yeah, IIRC, it stands for “Involuntary Celibates” or whatever and is basically a passel of vitriolically bitter permavirgins who think women basically should exist for male pleasure and that society has warped that proper structure of humanity or what the fuck ever.

It cropped up recently in something I was reading and someone explained it “better” than that, and by better, I mean it was longer, but no less insane.

Involuntary celibates?

All the WTF in the world isn’t enough.

If you’re so inclined Google Red Pill Comics for an illustrated guide of their mindset. NSFW

It’s a lot of “fun” to read what kind of women all these guys are looking for and what they expect her to do. Hint: they’re all looking for hotties that will do everything for them and hold them accountable and responsible for nothing. The guys that snap at bars and kill women because they did not receive the attention they expected also comes from this group. It’s tragic on a number of levels.

They idolize Elliot Roger. So, that type of guy.

The Stepford Wives is probably their idea of a fiction that they wish was a documentary.

No one ever bothers to point out that their attitudes towards women are a direct causation of their involuntary celibacy?

Also that they weigh 400 pounds and attend Nazi rallies in SS cosplay.

Not all incels but probably most.

I had no clue what you guys were talking about so I wandered to that subreddit and …

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/864973475517255681

He literally did.

O.o

C. Christine Fair, an associate professor at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, wrote a Tumblr post describing her confrontation with Spencer at the Old Town Sport & Health gym in Alexandria, Virginia, on Wednesday.

Fair wrote that she approached Spencer at the gym and “loudly identified him as a neo-Nazi.” She said she anticipated that the gym would kick her out for confronting Spencer.

“First, I want to note that this man is a supreme coward,” Fair wrote. “When I approached this flaccid, sorry excuse of a man and asked ‘Are you Richard Spencer,’ this pendulous poltroon said ‘No. I am not.’”

Fair then wrote that she “exploited the full range of my first amendment entitlements by telling him that this country does not belong to white men.”

Spencer said he was at the gym “peacefully working out” when Fair came up to him and asked him if he was Richard Spencer. “I said no, because I wanted her to go away,” he said. “I didn’t want to get into a confrontation.”

“I don’t come to the gym to do politics. But she started screeching and yelling all this stuff,” Spencer said, adding that the other patrons asked her to stop.

Just imagine people going about their everyday lives and some asshole comes up and throws politics into mix… which pretty much every white supremacists does when they feel like it.

Spencer said that it was unfair of the gym to kick him out when he “followed all the rules” and was “well-behaved” while Fair made “this huge scene and annoyed everyone at the gym.”

Just imagine being told to leave or not being serviced because of the color of your skin or lack of a dick.

Sounds like this guy can’t handle the very treatment he advocates for others.

I like to think they keep whispering “Allah Akbar” as they pass him.

The Guardian: Hiding in plain sight: how the ‘alt-right’ is weaponizing irony to spread fascism (linked PDF)

At least one attendee was dressed as the cartoon frog Pepe (a character co-opted by the movement against the wishes of its creator). Others carried the flag of “Kekistan”, the imaginary country created 4chan members. Kyle Chapman, the man who became the “based stick man” meme after attacking anti-fascists armed with a gas mask and a Captain America shield, also addressed the crowd. The same crowd later confronted a counter anti-fascist protest in the street.

Until recently, it would have been hard to imagine the combination of street violence meeting internet memes. But experts say that the “alt-right” have stormed mainstream consciousness by weaponizing irony, and by using humour and ambiguity as tactics to wrong-foot their opponents.

Last week, the Data & Society Institute released a report on the online disinformation and manipulation that is increasingly shaping US politics. The report focused on the way in which far-right actors “spread white supremacist thought, Islamophobia, and misogyny through irony and knowledge of internet culture”.

One the report’s authors, Dr Alice Marwick, says that fascist tropes first merged with irony in the murkier corners of the internet before being adopted by the “alt-right” as a tool. For the new far-right movement, “irony has a strategic function. It allows people to disclaim a real commitment to far-right ideas while still espousing them.”

Marwick says that from the early 2000s, on message boards like 4chan, calculatedly offensive language and imagery have been used to “provoke strong reactions in outsiders”. Calling all users “fags”, or creating memes using gross racial stereotypes, “serves a gate-keeping function, in that it keeps people out of these spaces, many of which are very easy to access”.

Also, InfoWars was on a recurring one day press pass and “finally” got full credentials a couple of days ago.

Didn’t even have to punch him.

https://twitter.com/exitingcorpse/status/866553717952303104

“My life is ruined. Oh, my God, I’m so sorry.”

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That’s from 2013.

He probably works in the White House now.