Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

Sounds like he thought he was being funny about teeth gaps, but “master race” is a turn of phrase that should probably be phased out of a politician’s lexicon. Everyone is going to take that wrong.

Huh, it honestly didn’t even occur to me that he also had a gap in his teeth and was making some home about how they are the Messer race of people with gaps in their teeth.

Does he have a gap in his teeth?

If that’s true, then i could be convinced it was just a profoundly stupid thing he said.

It’s similar to the congressman who used “niggardly” a few years back. It’s a real word, but coming from a white person with power to a member of a minority there’s just no way it’s not going to be offensive.

Just don’t use those words.

EDIT: also, apparently this particular commissioner has a bit of a history.

The guy who was chanting “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump” during the intermission of a performance of “Fiddler on the Roof” in Baltimore has apologized:

[He] said the play, which tells the story of a Jewish family facing persecution in tsarist Russia, reminded him of Trump’s immigration policies. His comparison “came out wrong” and was “beyond a mistake” he said during an interview…

Instantly it was like, ‘Oh my God, what did you do?’ ” said Derlunas, who acknowledged he had been drinking heavily before the show. “The thing that I can’t stand is Trump spreading hatred, and what did I do? I spread hatred."

Even taking the apology at face value (sorry for the skepticism, but it’s 2018, so I question whether even my desktop calendar is trying to feed me fake news,) what does it say about where our culture is when the minds of our inappropriate drunks turn to Hitler during their sprees?

Ah for the days when the guy making everyone nervous because he smells of drink and won’t shut up was just talking about how he loves his friends, man, or the suckiness of the local sports rival, or how his old girlfriend should never have dumped him.

A friend of mine is counter protesting the Proud Boy rally in Philly and I had to share his sign:

Gritty, for those unfamiliar, is the terrifying new mascot of the Philadelphia Flers. He is a man of the people and rabid anti- Fascist. Officially recognized as such, it bears mentioning, by the Philadelphia City Council:

http://phlcouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/GrittyResolution-final.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3TSGNwByPow_d60QNMSD6lpVvoC867TEPKehSyLA8GzjwwvCJNvbQdNb4

Choice exerpts:

"WHEREAS, Gritty has been described as a 7-foot tall orange hellion, a fuzzy eldritch horror, a ghastly empty-eyed Muppet with a Delco beard, a cross of Snuffleupagus and Oscar the Grouch,

a deranged orange lunatic, an acid trip of a mascot, a shaggy orange Wookiee-esque grotesquerie, a non-binary leftist icon, an orange menace, a raging id, and an antihero. He has been characterized as huggable but also potentially insurrectionary, ridiculous, horrifying, unsettling, and absurd; and…

"WHEREAS, At the same time that Gritty brings people together, the divisions in our current political and cultural life have rendered Gritty contested territory. Gritty has been widely

declared antifa, and was subject to attempted reclamation in the editorial pages of the Wall Street Journal. It has been argued that he “conveys the absurdity and struggle of modern life under

capitalism” and that he represents a source of joyful comic respite in a time of societal upheaval; and…

"WHEREAS, Gritty may be a hideous monster, but he is our hideous monster; now, therefore, be it

"RESOLVED, That the Council of the City of Philadelphia welcomes Gritty, the new mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers, and honors the spirit and passion that Gritty has brought to the City of

Philadelphia and to the entire country, both on and off the ice"

Yes, I got that.

Gritty was originally rejected by Philly fans, but then other folks from outside the area talked trash about him, and now he IS Philadelphia. We will die for him.

Also, Gritty received 70k write in votes for governor of Pennsylvania. Seriously. He actually got votes in Jersey, too.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/watch-right-wing-proud-boys-forced-walk-home-philadelphia-rally-taxi-drivers-refuse/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Everything above about Gritty is kind of the best thing I’ve seen on the internet in ages. Its amazing, and the best.

Go Gritty!

The gritty anti-fascist memes are pretty great. This was my humble contribution to the genre, riffing off a popular template…

Likely the most Philly thing ever posted on this forum.

EqgvG8n

I’m pretty sure it’s okay to punch wife-beaters.
Dude was just ahead of his time.

But the real danger is the anti fascist movement.

Some of them have sticks!

Such quality people, Nazis.

Just to follow-up quickly…that commissioner resigned.

Isn’t there going to be a Frontline episode about this tonight or was that last week?