Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

It’s easy to underestimate how much conservatives hate and fear BLM and Antifa. They consider those groups just as bad and dangerous as Nazis or the KKK. That’s batshit crazy, of course, but it’s how they rationalize being in a political alliance with the worst of the Trumpists.

I think Josh Marshall and Molly Knight have it figured out.

Bannon just laid down the hardcore Trumpalo creed. Trump had been moving Bannon to the back burner, perhaps to fire him. If he fires Bannon now, Trump loses his base.

I’d put money on the juggalos. Crazy hard-knock life midwestern kids hopped up on meth and Faygo, or pasty frat boys that have never had a hard day in their lives? The Nazis only secret weapon are the middle age wackjobs armed to the teeth with automatics.

I… I don’t think I know what that means.

Yes, he does. Part of me thinks he did it intentionally just to show the world that, with Preibus out, he’s now the voice of the Trump Administration on everything from military strategy to economic policy. Part of me thinks he did it because, being Bannon, he was completely blotto.

No reason it can’t be both, I suppose.

He deliberately called a reporter he didn’t know who writes for a liberal magazine/site. This was carefully set up by Bannon.

So I think I might be wrong here. I thought “Antifa” was just a social media hashtag, and that like minded people would gather to counter-protest under the hashtag. Is there actually an “Antifa” organization?

I think Antifa is a group of what used to be anarchists called the Black Bloc. I don’t think they have like a political representative or something.

The protesters mowed down were just regular protestors.

Antifa, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take ya to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama…

Yup. 25+ years of “liberals are the antichrist” propaganda is tough to dismantle amd let go of.

if only we had 70 years of history and mass graves to compare it too… oh wait, that’s right, the same group wants to stop teaching facts in school too.

I am seeing reports from some counter-protesters that there are groups calling themselves ‘antifa’ attending rallies and being disruptive, explicitly saying they are there for the chaos. So, like some of the agitators who joined BLM protests, there will be enough bad behavior on both sides to justify the WHATABOUT narratives.

People wanting to disrupt racist meetings? As long as they don’t physically attack, is there a real problem?

My Grandfather fought with Antifa back in the day, though if I remember correctly, I think they called it the 29th Infantry Division at that time.

I mean attending with the non-Nazi counter-protesters.

If you want to learn more about antifa and anarchists, itsgoingdown.org is a good news site/scene report/general resource.

I think that was true in 2016. 2017 is changing the narrative, because folks are seeing Nazism in the face.

Yes, there are hardcore supporters like my family, who I am going to have to give up on (and this is the first time I’ve said it- I love em but they’re lost forever)- but most Americans believe in good values still.

Enough of those folks voted Trump in 2016 for other reasons, and are now disgusted.

At this point, we’re going to have to marginalize Nazi sympathizers well into the 2020s and beyond. Even getting rid of Trump of 2020 won’t solve the problem. This is going to be a generation struggle.

and yeah, I’m full on with the Juggalos vs the Trumpsters. Maybe they can call Vampiro and get some Mexican Guardian Angels and the Great Muta to help out as well. ^_^

Couple of days ago:

SF Examiner: ‘White supremacist’ patriot rally coming to San Francisco — counter-protest already planned

A right-wing, pro-Trump “Free Speech” rally was announced for San Francisco’s Crissy Field on Saturday, Aug. 26, and a counter-protest is already forming.

The group, Patriot Prayer, has already obtained its permits, according to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Some back and forth on the nitty gritty is still required before a final approval, but they’re essentially “in,” said Sonja Hanson, a spokesperson for the GGNRA.

A Facebook post claiming “Neo Nazis are coming to San Francisco” started to go viral Monday morning, which was posted alongside phone numbers for federal agencies responsible for granting permits for rallies at Crissy Field — a literal “call to action.”

Today:

Worth quoting the full article.

The National Park Service on Wednesday acknowledged widespread concern over plans to hold a right-wing rally at Crissy Field in San Francisco next week, and said it would make a decision soon on whether to let the event proceed on the park property.

The superintendent of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, in her first public statement on the event, said the agency was bound to honor free speech rights of the organizers, regardless of their politics, but also would have to account for public safety.

The Patriot Prayer rally was tentatively approved for Aug. 26 — before violence erupted at last weekend’s neo-Nazi march in Charlottesville, Va. Since then, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, both San Francisco Democrats, and San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee have been among many questioning whether the city should risk the possibility of similar bloodshed, and called for the San Francisco event to be canceled.

“We have heard and take very seriously the concerns expressed by the public and elected officials regarding the proposed Aug. 26 Patriot Prayer First Amendment event at Crissy Field,” said the GGNRA’s acting general superintendent, Cicely Muldoon. “Our highest priority is to ensure public safety, while honoring our obligation to uphold one of our nation’s most cherished constitutional rights, the First Amendment right to free speech.”

Muldoon said the Park Service was working with federal, state and local authorities to make sure law enforcement would be sufficient for next week’s planned event. A final determination on the Patriot Prayer permit, she said, would be announced within seven business days. That means the announcement might come as late as the day before the event is scheduled.

The group behind the demonstration has no connection to the Virginia march, where a woman was killed when a suspected neo-Nazi plowed over her with his car, and 19 injured. Also, the main organizer of the San Francisco rally has claimed that his event is not associated with white supremacists. However, at least one of the group’s prior events drew extremists and erupted into clashes with counterprotesters.

The organization has been flagged by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups.

Permit applicant Joey Gibson could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

His application calls for a “free speech rally” for 300 people from 2 to 5 p.m. In an email to the park service made available under public records law, Gibson said he expects counterprotesters “because politicians and media have falsely accused Patriot Prayer as a white supremacist rally.”

Officials in Berkeley are also marshaling resources for what has been advertised online as a complementary event to San Francisco’s, the No Marxism in America rally at Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park on Aug. 27. A posting on the Patriot Prayer Facebook page dubs the two events Liberty Weekend in the Bay Area.

While no permit applications have been submitted for the Berkeley rally, city officials say they’re aware of the online chatter and have experience dealing with recent right-wing demonstrations.

“We’re going to prepare for a number of different contingencies and a number of different possibilities,” said city spokesman Matthai Chakko.

There was another kind of rally at UVA in Charlottesville tonight.