Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/23/cpac-organizer-denounces-alt-right-as-left-wing-fascist-group/

“There is a sinister organization that is trying to warp its way into our ranks,” said Dan Schneider, the executive director of the American Conservative Union, which runs CPAC. “We must not be deceived by [a] hateful, left-wing fascist group.”

Over a few confusing minutes, Schneider argued that the alt-right, a term coined then popularized by the National Policy Institute’s Richard Spencer, was philosophically left-wing because it departed from his definition of conservatism, in which “the individual” is sovereign.
[…]
“Praise kek!” said Sheehan, posing for a selfie with Spencer and repeating a meme that had been adopted by the alt-right. “He’s the coolest guy.”

The growing crowd attracted more nervous attention from security, and after a few more minutes, they arrived to expel Spencer.

“I’m not welcome on the property?” Spencer asked.

“I’m not going to debate this,” said the guard. “This is private property. They want you off the property.”

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/834783638323679232

@ddale8: The American Conservative Union’s Dan Schneider is giving a speech savaging the alt-right as racist, sexist, antisemitic, fascist.
@ddale8: The American Conservative Union’s Dan Schneider is calling the alt-right a “left-wing fascist group.” That…makes no sense
@ddale8: Schneider: “Hateful left-wing fascists are not like anybody here.” Says, in closing, that the “alt-right” “hijacked a once-decent term.”
@ddale8: White supremacist Richard Spencer fact-checks the American Conservative Union, says “alt-right” was his own term and not hijacked.
@ddale8: White supremacist Spencer, speaking in hallway to like 25 reporters, says “alt-right” was always their term, always a right-wing movement.
@ddale8: CPAC Person 1: “Who’s that?”
Person 2: “Richard Spencer.”
Person 3: “The neo-Nazi!”
Person 1: “Haaa he got punched in the face.”

So that’s literally the Republican national platform. . . I’m not sure what their objection is?

Hey, if the conservatives at CPAC want to denounce the alt-right folks and distance themselves from them, so much the better.

They could try cleaning house without trying to bring the left-wing into it… pretty sure right wing got there just fine on their own.

It’s the only card they have anymore.

Edit: And let’s not forget, they let Bannon speak, so they’re not really distancing themselves much at all.

On the other hand, “left-wing” is one of the most severe insults they could think to throw at the alt-right movement.

It feeds their trolls into continuing to believe that any and all enemies are liberals which is a bullshit idea that got uis in this mess.

They already believe that. “Right-wing” is a common and effective insult to people on the left by people on the left for the same reason.

No, not to the same degree, not even close. I could spend one day counting the libertards, apes, and bleeding hearts kill the feminists comments and compare them to the others and it wouldn’t even be a contest. One side demonizes the other to the point of making them subhuman and worthy of death. I don’t see that both ways.

Guess Nesrie has me on Mute at long last :(

Haha, no. I am aware that you might Darwin award some of these guys, but any claim that the left wing is dishing out the level of death threats the right wing directs at women, minorities, immigrants and LGBTA members is just wishful thinking. We’re not talking about ideology differences, we’re talking about demonizing so you can say you want to kill them and then getting upset when some tries to take Freedom of Speech away by saying it’s not really okay to talk about killing people that way.

Have you met Armando Penblade ;)

FWIW I think that in this day and age the right is much more prone to violent rhetoric. But I don’t really fully agree that right-wing is less of an insult to a left-winger than left-wing is to a right-winger. A co-worker called me “conservative” as a joke and I almost struck him ;)

edit: I see it took too long for me to compse this reply! :D

You spend hours every single day working to initiate a bloody uprising against conservatism and religion, straining to open the eyes of sheeple to the desperate need for righteous violence against the great oppressors, and it’s like you’re just invisible, or just some guy on the internet.

sigh

Some left-wing agitator you are :)

Armando the try-hard

runs away laughing maniacally

This one’s gotta sting.

I can’t imagine what he thought the band that wrote “People Are People” would think of his philosphy.

For fans of Nazi punching, there is a nice video at the end of that piece of Spencer being punched synched to the tune of ‘Just Can’t Get Enough’.

Trumpsters have been screaming it was Evan McMullin and Rick Wilson along with other “nefarious” conservative voices. A veritable conspiracy. The Deep State!

Turns out it was a 16 year old libertarian-leaning girl in Canada who watched the video and remembered it.

The issue is those on the left tend to be smarter and more affluent, so they don’t want to risk their comforts for revolutionary struggle. Poor conservative folk are miserable enough to go for violence more easily.

The mistake liberal minded people make is thinking that Deporables have a coherent policy at all. If there is some relationship between their socioeconomic statuses and trajectories it is one unconscious to themselves. Better to see them as peasants looking at the world with unimaginative eyes and seeing the world through their own narrow, provincial lens, whipped up into indignation and fury by forces they’re incapable of perceiving.