NeoGAF Implodes

I can think of at least one time when a woman seemed like she was just trying to get a free drink from me. Here was my strategy for dealing with the situation: I did not buy her a drink.

They seem to be going to Waypoint

Yes, obviously. Tim said these are PUA indicators and well, they aren’t. Unless I missed something.

You could’ve grabbed her ass to let her know who’s boss. We would’ve let it slide. It’s right here in the chart.

For a bunch of people it’s just an excuse to go after the site. It was hated by the GamerGaters and held in resentment by some industry people for the power it wielded. An upper level Xbox exec seemed to tweet his glee at it burning down but later tried to play it off like he was talking about something else.

I thought the “marks” thing was big on GAF because of the way its used all the time in wrestling.

Oh absolutely. There has been many an instance where NeoGAF uncovered things that didn’t want to be uncovered in gaming. Heck, I got the Ziff Davis guys fighting amongst themselves one time via some posts over there because it was clear that the console guys weren’t doing things the way the CGW guys did things.

I’m sure there are a ton of industry people that would love for what GAF was to be swept under a rock never to be seen again. I don’t think that’s a good thing either. I still read it all the time even after banning because there was a lot of really good stuff there.

Good intel. I for one am fine with the social justice angle for looking at games, as well as being fine with the more laid back culture here. I’ll check it out, thanks!

So that’s what this was about… @wumpus planned the whole damn thing to move NeoGAF to Discourse!

If NeoGAF dies, we might see a few people wander into here, but I imagine it’s Reddit that would absorb them.

You sick and twisted bastard!

Reddit isn’t good for continuous long-standing threads so the discussion style is very different.

But there are still a lot of active gaming forums including quartertothree. Giant Bomb forum, GamerWithJobs, BrokenForum, Waypoint Forum, Penny Arcade Forum, etc.

I haven’t been to Penny Arcade in years, but it always seemed like that was the closest parallel.

I find the thing in Spain much creepier. He’s using Egyptian logic. “A woman did something bad, so I’ll do something sexual to put her in her place.” It shows how much you can get away with as long as there’s not a relevant hashtag trending on twitter.

Article with interviews from both Malka (NeoGaf Owner) and Leupp (The Girl in the Shower)

He said she started the grabbing. I really don’t see that as a big deal. I mean, nothing to brag to your grandma about, and he said he wasn’t proud of it, but not comparable to jumping into the shower unannounced.

That’s a mess.

Wait a minute, he says she had a history of serious mental illness and even several breakdowns, but he wanted to take her alone to New Orleans and share a hotel room? And then later share a room and a bed at E3? Yeah ok sure, that math checks out.

I gotta ask: is everyone in the games media industry having sex with each other?