NeoGAF Implodes

Were the GoneGold people problematic? I don’t remember.

I was one of the GoneGold refugees. I don’t think I’m problematic.

GG folks were a nice community. They weren’t a mistake. Gaffers would be. I’d predict a coup attempt within six months as they attempt to impose their politics. I’d have to necro all the gamergate threads, it’d get ugly fast.

At least they aren’t Codexers.

As an Infoceptor refugee, I don’t have any idea what you people are talking about

The better question is how many PlanetCrap people are left?

I would like to take this moment to appreciate how little politics spill out of “politics and religion” forum. QT3 is rare in that regard these days. Further reason why QT3 is the best online community.

This may be weird to say, but I sort of believe Evilore in the macro sense (that this was a weird FWB situation that got out of hand w/ misread signals) because I was briefly involved with the ‘online gaming press’ scene for a few years in the early 2000s and pretty much everyone was trying to fuck everyone else with a few orgy stories coming out of each convention.

Not that this excuses what happened, but for whatever reason that scene seemed to attract a lot of crazies.

I knew something was up!

@Telefrog how many orgies have you been to since posting to the front page?

Jeez. I missed out on all the fun.

I keep inviting you dude but you never come.

INTERPRET THAT AS YOU WILL, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

I remember when GG showed up. A few people posted things like “Why don’t you have this feature and that like GG did? This forum sucks,” and a few people started multiple threads about their feelings about GG disappearing, and there was a backlash from annoyed Qt3 natives.

AKA “everybody was in their 20s”

trust me, this happened in the 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and so forth.

Fuckery in the nerd/geek/tech world has always been a little awkward and uncomfortable, though (/me thinks about some BBS hookups, winces)

You all need to stop using GG for Gone Gold as to most people who weren’t around back then it reads as GamerGate and carries way different implications.

kekekekekekek
GG, fagit

• pretty much what GG means to me, in context >:(

Yeah I’ll be damned if I let GamerGate take over the best two letters in gaming. Take back the acronym!

Most people here aren’t really hyper tuned in with it anyway.

Polygon with that timely free advertising for the new site.

Timely? Is it up yet?

Not for you, shitlord. Invite only.

It’s up now http://www.resetera.com/

I did not get an invite to get an account early :(