Net Neutrality: Comcast Blocking Netflix

Charter was allowing Earthlink over their cable? I thought Earthlink was a telephone wire service.

You could get Earthlink branded internet (and still can on Comcast)- and save a few bucks, for slower (potentially, I get 100 still here) speeds.

My internet is going to go up 50% next year due to this from 43 to 65.

You done fucked up, USA.

:-/

Doubtful this will change anything, but at least it could force some uncomfortable votes.

Wow, it has the support of ALMOST all the democrats.

Yay?

Sad trombone.

Patty Murray, whose state houses the headquarters of Amazon and Microsoft, has yet to co-sponsor this, which is leading to angry constituents.

Both MS and Amazon have come out in strong support of NN, right?

Looks like she is supportive?

They’ve got 30 co-sponsors, which means it goes to the floor.

Presuming that all Democrats vote in favor…

Wait, has there been other Republicans that have signed on or have more Democrats come on board? Last I heard, only 40 Democrats had signed on to this.

Considering the political implications, all 49 Democrats are expected to vote to overturn.

Then it goes to the House, where it’ll be fun to see things shake out.

If it survives the House, it goes to Donald Trump’s desk. He’ll almost certainly veto, and then things get more fun from there.

Democrats really want to either make House Republicans walk the plank on this, or failing that, force DJT to give it a pass.

NN is complicated enough that the average voter is probably not going to punish Republicans for killing it in my opinion.

WE know that the Ajit Pai “funny” propaganda videos are bullshit, but what about when Joe the plumber views them? He is going to think that Ajit Pai is getting the govment out of his Internets.

Yes, most folks don’t understand net neutrality.

They’ll punish them later if they see negative results. Even Republicans like their internet. Of course that doesn’t mean they can’t weasel a way of explaining why it’s not the GOPs fault but those evil Dems… but most will care if they experience a negative.

All we can do for now is keep hammering them on their BS, which helps to keep those fires alive. Come November, we’ll see what else can be done. Only 10 months!

The ISPs will be careful not to raise prices right away or do much throttling. They will not want to see it overturned. Most people will not see any difference in their service before the '18 elections, I’m guessing.

True but I tend to look more than one year out… plenty of ways to punish at the more local level and in 20. They’re greedy bastards… I don’t think they will hold out as long as some think.

This. All they know is that someone on Facebook told them how to think. It’s bad. It’s good. Whatever. It was on Facebook! It has to be true.

Maybe 2-3 years ago. I believe the evidence of John Oliver managing to clog the FCC comment system after he aired his NN piece on his HBO series…which then got picked up and talked about by Colbert and Kimmel…I think a lot more people know about it now than before.

And I think that this is absolutely a big issue for young voters especially, and again is something the Democrats would be smart to make themselves the party on the right side of.