Net Neutrality: Comcast Blocking Netflix

I have switched to YouTube TV as well. Liking it quite a bit.

Likely just window dressing, but the Senate democrats are trying to get this to a vote:

It doesn’t go to the president’s desk, because there is zero chance it gets through the house.

As stated by the Dems themselves, this is to force everyone’s name to be associated with which side they stand on. They know it won’t ever succeed by itself.

Yup. Its another stick to beat Republicans with in November. Which is smart. It could well be needed. heck I think it will be needed. Unfortunately I think Republicans are likely to carry both House & Senate this year. So every vote counts.

Senate votes 52-47 on a bill to restore Net Neutrality. Now it goes to the House.

Murkowski, Collins, and LA Senator Kennedy broke ranks with the GOP to vote in favor, alongside all 49 Democrats.

Final vote taking place now.

Biggie. Looks like the final resolution will pass.

It of course won’t go anywhere in the House, but this is a great issue for Dems to run on this Fall. Big win.

Watching C-Span and it’s 40-28 (Y/N) live.

Yep, I’m trying to keep up!

Typically when it’s looking this likely, you get some more caving from the opposing side. If it looks like a winner, some people like to be on that piece of turf.

So which shithead Senators voted against net neutrality that have now flipped?

49-42…

Murkowski was just a YES. That should do it.

They just got 52 YES votes, it’s done. Woo.

I’m confused - did they vote twice in a row? Is there a prelim vote, then a final one for this?

Yeah, the first vote was to suspend the usual rules and debate, I think. This is the real vote.

Yep, what Menzo said. Usually that prelim vote foreshadows the final vote.

Got it, thanks. Still discouraging that so many idiots are in the Senate but it’s a rare ray of sunshine in this administration.