Net Neutrality: Comcast Blocking Netflix

My man. That’s the one thing that stood out to me as not really fitting.

Because black olives are a vile disgusting item that belong on no pizza ever. Or anything really.

The cream cheese often throws off Americans. It sounds super weird, but the cream cheese they use is way less cheesy than, say Philadelphia Cream Cheese you get here. So instead it’s just a lump of creamyness to balance the spiciness of the jalapeno and pepperoni. It’s awesome.

My mind immediately went to jalapeno poppers and those are awesome so cream cheese with jalapenos will always get a pass in my book.

This is the second serious topic today I’ve browsed where it ended in a conversation about junk food. Perhaps some of you should get some lunch… or are we all on summer diets and the mind wants what the body does not get?

I would argue a good pizza with pineapple is not junk food, but rather a contemporary rendition of manna from heaven.

…and yes, the mind wants what the body does not get, as I sit at desk with my meal replacement shakes.
sigh

Could you clarify what do you mean by this part of your comment? It is not settled that the dormant commerce clause doesn’t preclude state net neutrality regulations. It’s generally not right to say some legal issues are settled without a court case on the topic – is there one here? I think you presented a good argument why the dormant commerce clause doesn’t preclude California’s law, but it’s not “settled” law at all. Some experts have disagreed with your conclusion, as well. (And again, the question of whether the Supremacy Clause pre-empts California is also a live one.)

This is a good point–it’s why I tried to mention that both sides have caused federalism concerns lately. The GOP trying to exempt itself from Obama’s gun regulations was a prime example.

Principled positions are especially important when discussing legal issues, because precedents matter. Some issues are inherently federal in nature because they implicate channels of interstate commerce (highways, Internet, etc). For example, if it was OK for Obama’s FCC to suddenly redefine the Internet, it has to be OK for Trump’s FCC to do it, as well. I do not think it was OK for state conservatives to frustrate Obama’s objective of limiting gun violence through regulations; I similarly don’t think it’s OK for liberals in California to frustrate Trump’s objective of eliminating net neutrality provisions.

I have never been “always about states rights,” and all conservatives are not a monolithic entity. A more accurate statement is that good conservatives are all about federalism.

I appreciate what you are saying and I think that’s a good style. What irritated me so much about The Verge article is that it basically was cheerleading California’s decision to pass this net neutrality law, while referencing absolutely none of the very serious legal concerns posed by the bill. That’s irresponsible, on several levels, and it’s the kind of disservice to readers that only happens when many readers (and article authors) are so biased that they are really looking for Fox News-levels of reassurance, rather than informative articles.

One way to avoid that bias is to keep asking questions, and sometimes that seems to lead to people assuming all sorts of nasty, personal things and then saying them out loud, repeatedly. There is never really a great excuse for that.

The newest medical research is that you should not put cold water or ice in burns, but instead room temperature water.

You happened to have wording that I wanted to included. Nothing was directed at you.

I did some more checking on The Verge’s coverage (since the article linked by @Rod_Humble somehow neglected to mention any potential legal challenges to California’s net neutrality law), and it seems they posted this in November:

Obviously, the framing of this article is slanted, but it’s at least communicating the idea that pre-emption might apply to state laws, which is good.

So why would The Verge omit any mention of pre-emption in its lengthy article on California’s law? The cynic in me might say that they want to cheer-lead California’s law now, and back in November, they wanted to pile on the FCC for being autocratic.

Verge in November:

Verge now:

This is Fox Newsy and disappointing.

Comparing a struggling tech-oriented website with a 24-hour news channel that is the media organ of the ruling party in the US seems… odd.

The two Verge stories have different bylines. The most likely explanation is that the author of the second was unfamiliar with the contents of the first. An editorial failing, to be sure, but hardly an eyebrow-raising one.

Satan’s semen.

Seems like that would be… spicier, somehow?

Come on Kevin, you know it’s true.

Do you like pineapple on pizza? If not, we can be friends.

Pineapple on pizza is terrific, but the ranch really ties it all together.

The Good:
Pineapple on pizza
Well done steak
Ketchup and American Cheese on hot dogs
Black olives
KFC

The Bad:
Ranch Dressing
Star Wars movies

http://i.imgur.com/KUvKJbX.jpg

Okay. Up until now it’s been friendly joshing. But this is so very wrong. Objectively wrong.

Ever hear the term ‘save for well’? It’s what some chefs say about a questionable cut of meat. Not bad or off. Maybe gristly or bad marbling. Save it for when someone asks for well done. Well done covers up a litany of sins.