Net Neutrality: Comcast Blocking Netflix

Soon you will have to pay the FCC $225 to have them even read complaints you file.

Why don’t they do what they really want, and just restrict it to white male landowners over the age of majority?

Ohhhh, deep cut with the “What About Bob?” reference. Well done.

In the Ringer movie podcast on Jaws last week, they mentioned that Dreyfus and Murray hated each other in What About Bob.

Ohhh, that translated to the screen SO WELL. ;)

I got a compiler error while trying to cast a Republican to a non-shit type. So what’s the catch?

(Warning: mute the tab, stupid autoplay)

Interesting idea. Of course, it assumes that people will actually pay attention to the registry, but at least it means the information would be available.

It would be nice if you actually had a choice of internet providers, but most don’t. If we ever bring back local loop unbundling and force it on the cable companies then you probably wouldn’t need this either. So I don’t really see the point other than bringing attention to net neutrality.

For over a year, FCC chairman and “Nemesis of Net Neutrality” Ajit Pai has claimed that hackers brought down the FCC’s public comment website last year with a targeted distributed denial of service attack. It turns out the attack didn’t come from hackers at all — but instead, from a flood of commenters advocating for a free internet.

That’s according to a report released by the FCC’s Office of Inspector General yesterday. “Our investigation did not substantiate the allegations of multiple DDoS attacks alleged,” the report reads. Instead, the report attributes the influx of traffic to the FCC’s site on May 8 to an outpouring of comments after a segment about net neutrality aired on Last Week Tonight With John Oliver . In addition to encouraging viewers to send comments to the FCC voicing their displeasure themselves, Oliver tweeted out the link, “gofyourself.com,” which redirected to the FCC comment page, so users could easily reach the site. The site could not handle the traffic.

Fuck this entire industry.

No way.! They want to have their cake and eat it too. Who would’ve thought this was coming after trying to weasel out of regulations.

Well, that’s enough hypocrisy for me today.

Yeah, getting rid of Net Neutrality was a good idea that couldn’t possibly have any unforeseen consequences. Because of our wonderful corporate citizens!

I’m shocked, shocked to find that big ISPs, not satisfied with the federal net neutrality repeal, are going after state regulations.

The sad part is that I’d actually like to agree with them. Letting market forces prevent bad behavior would be great. If, you know, the big ISPs hadn’t already killed market forces with their divvying up of service areas so that large chunks of America (including mine!) have only one ISP option that provides reasonable service levels.

Internet access is a utility at this point and we all know it. Hell, they even know it and say it to try and get money as long as there are no regulations attached.