Netflix movie finds

His SNL celebrity Jeopardy was also amazing. Easily his best work.

Most of the rest ranges from tolerable (anchorman) to outright obnoxious and bad (Step Brothers)

I can forgive every bad movie Will Ferrell has done because he participated in this sketch.

Omg that was amazing.

Melissa McCarthy was quite good in Can You Ever Forgive Me.

Perhaps she should stick with dramas.

Not if she loves money.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Stowaway is a dumb movie and here are some spoilery posts to prove it

Did folks already talk about this movie, “Chef”? Because it’s pretty awesome.

Chef is fantastic. A wonderful recipe of road trip, father/son and cooking.

Favreau’s follow-up series The Chef Show (also on Netflix) is worth checking out, too. Different animal, but entertaining.

Having watched the new Mortal Kombat, I can recommend Yin Yang Master on Netflix. Big Trouble meets Star Wars with a budget somewhat in between.

Could we maybe use spoiler tags to discuss major plot points for a movie that just came out last week, in a general movie thread? Or, you know, move the discussion to a dedicated thread, either/or?

thanks.

Sorry, that’s on me. I really hate these “general purpose movie discussion” threads and tend to avoid them, so I lose track of the fact that we’re talking about a movie other folks in the thread might not have seen. Anyway, we have a dedicated Stowaway thread now. Whee!

-Tom

Thanks! I don’t know if I’ll even bother watching it, but I’d rather not know that stuff if I do. :)

I just found this movie called “How it Ends”, with Forest Whitaker. It’s kind of a post apocalypse movie? There’s not really a lot about the apocalypse itself, more like the Road. It’s a cool movie though.

I love that movie.

Here’s the thread:

Premise looks good. Could be okay. Could be bad.

I’m intrigued.

I just watched some movie called “Sleight” on Netflix, and enjoyed it. The kid who played the main character was good.

A trilogy of movies coming: