Netflix movie finds

There was another one - Kimmy Schmidt.

I believe Sony sold Crackle off.

They were doing one with Telltale, IIRC.

There is a whole bunch. They did an entire TV series run of them with Bear Grylls, You Vs Wild, and even did a movie vewsion.

There have also been other ones, but if you don’t have kids they would be unlikely to cross your radar. Things like Carmen Sandiego, Boss Baby, and Spirit.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/62526

My kids have done most of them.

Thanks for this, I actually had no idea. You vs Wild sounds like alot of fun, definitely going to check it out!

My kids did the Minecraft one and a couple of the You vs. Wild episodes.

Hey, so I watched Thunder Force! It was light and breezy and as always Bateman delivers. I didn’t love Spencer, though. I’d say it’s a silly sendup of the superhero genre the whole family can enjoy, but have low expectations going in.

Well, that’s positive I suppose. I just assumed it was terrible.

The teaser certainly looked terrible.

Watched Thunder Force as well and thought it was neither particularly good and memorable nor offensively bad. Melissa McCarthy plays exactly the same type of character she plays in pretty much every movie, i.e. the irritating loudmouth with a vulnerable core. Chuckled during some of the villain/henchmen banter (Andy/Andrew), but thought McCarthy and Spencer had less chemistry than the actresses who played the younger versions of their characters. Also, in some parts the line delivery of Spencer was so flat as if she had completed checked out of the movie.

I bailed on it early on. Comedy is the hardest for me to stick with, when it’s bad.

I did not really enjoy this movie. To be fair, I like McCarthy in some movies, rarely her movies, loved her and Mike and Molly and only like Bateman in a few things (love Game Night!). This was just… dumb, and on the floor expectations do not make up for the chicken and crab jokes.

I can, with 100% certainty, say that Thunder Force is the worst movie I’ve seen so far in 2021.

Painfully, dreadfully unfunny.

I know some will disagree with me, and you are welcome to, but I have never seen a single thing Melissa McCarthy in that I found her remotely funny.

Her stand-up I have found mildly amusing, but actual acting parts, not a bit.

I will add that I can’t claim to have seen a lot of her work, and I know my wife found Bridesmaids funny, but I haven’t seen that.

+1

… except she was really great in Bridesmaids and as Sean Spicer on SNL.

And that’s pretty much the best of her body of work.

Oh wait, SPY was good also.

And before people start yelling at me, I don’t find Will Farrel remotely funny either, nor Chris Farley.

Speaking of unfunny people:
“Carey Mulligan joins the cast of Adam Sandler’s upcoming Netflix movie Spaceman”

How does he get good actors to join his casts?

I’ll give you Will Farrell, he is best served in small doses but Chris Farley?! Damn. He deserves recognition for his Chippendales skit alone. He has two of the most iconic characters SNL has given us. But as comedy is subjective, like any art form, I get it.

No idea of the specifics, but I imagine if their shoots are fun, easy, and short that’s a bonus for actors. Not everyone has a stomach for someone like Fincher who likes to do dozens and dozens of takes.

Sandler’s movies also do really well on Netflix so there could be some sort of revenue sharing involved.