Netflix movie finds

I’ll try to keep pushing through it. I wish they’d done short stories instead of … whatever this is. I guess you could call them Flash stories? Blink and you’ll miss it. The first two were over too quickly.

I really enjoyed the fifth story, and I think you would find it to be a much better length as well.

So my sister said:

The Christmas Chronicles was a typical Christmas movie, what is not to like!

She thinks I am too critical of family movies maybe because I see so many movies. Because of my nephew, my sister and her significant other see substantially less movies than I do, in theater at least, so I thought I would pass this on. She doesn’t think I enjoy any not animated holiday movie in recent years. I am not sure if that’s true or not. I really like Love Actually but I guess that’s maybe 15 years old now.

Anyway just passing on a second opinion.

I’m burning through movies fast because most of my shows are on or will be shortly on their Holiday Breaks so I wathched Outlaw King

So this movies suffers from typical historical piece symptoms. The production and money seemed relatively high, so it looks good. There’s a few good actors in it, focusing on the lead of course and there are memorable moments but… no amount of Chris Pine skin and unnecessary for shock value violence changes that fact that this movie is interesting because the time period and the historical events are interesting… not because the movie did anything worthwhile or unique with that information. People are going to like it because it’s historical and isn’t flat out bad, but it just doesn’t stand on its own two feet otherwise… like I never connect with the characters, so I am only really horrified over what happens because I know most of it’s true, and this is one of those time periods where you wonder how humanity didn’t just up and destroy itself.

I watched Pad Man today. It’s an Indian movie about a guy who wants to make sanitary pads for his wife to use so that she won’t use a dirty cloth when she gets her period. Except the taboo is so strong for even talking about this subject that she’d rather die than shame herself talking about it, and giving him feedback. It was a movie in equal parts infuriating and hilarious. My wife and I both had a pretty rocking good time laughing over it. Recommended.

The movie felt way too rushed. They covered years of events so fast there’s no weight even though the story of Bruce was arguably more historically important than Willam Wallace’s.