Netflix watch instantly on 360 recommendations

I usually hate television DVDs, but I just watched the first episode of Battlestar Galactica. I will watch Buck Rogers soon, and I also have the A Team and several seasons of Magnum queued up.

Will look around later for Matlock and In the heat of the night–2 faves for when I’m home sick.

Only thing I really miss is the complete inability to browse from the xbox. That’d be teh awesome.

With all this awful television, I’ll never get around to watching “Hawaii” (it’ll have to do until they release “Centennial”). Damn that evil James Michner.

I watched an episode of Galactica 1980 today for sheer I-loved-it-when-I-was-10 nostalgia. Good god was that a terrible show.

I was pleasantly amused that it guest starred Jeremy “Sherlock Holmes” Brett, though.

The Orphanage is available in the HD category. Highly recommended.

I’m kinda ticked that there are some episodes of American Gothic that aren’t available; I mean, really, is the time it takes to put a single season of a TV show on Netflix more than 10 years?

I’ve been watching “MI-5” (known as Spooks in the UK) and aside from the offputting first episode, it’s been quite good. best get a move on, though - for some mysterious and unnamed reason, the streaming episodes of it (and the new Doctor Who) are disappearing on the first of December.

Oh, the stories I could tell you about MI5. With any luck, the time limit will hit before you get past season 4. Season 3, ideally.

I don’t get why some things aren’t available on 360, when I can watch them on my PC.

If I were to take a guess, I would say you’re probably listing Sony movies and they aren’t showing up because Sony won’t let Netflix stream Sony movies to the XBox 360. You can find Qt3 discussion on it in the various NXE threads – here for example.

Hulu has them all I believe, and you can stream that to your 360 or PS3 with PlayOn.

You’re in luck with the Hannah Montana.

EDIT: woops, LK got that way before I did.

My recommendation, for what it’s worth: Stuck on You, a screwball, Kentucky Fried Movie-style low-budget comedy.

Only the first two seasons are up for streaming anyhow.

Thanks for all the recommendations. This is a great thread.

Last night we watched “The Secret of NIMH” on Netflix on 360. Great movie. It’s not for everyone, but it’s an early 80s animated movie that’s got some great moments that I really liked. My 2 year old nephew also enjoyed it on a different level.

One cool thing on there is the entire series of Johny Sokko and his Giant Robot, which isn’t even out on DVD. It’s something only for the nostalgic and Kaiju fans, but I’m really glad it’s there and as opposed to some other childhood TV loves, it’s not so much that it holds up, because well it doesn’t, but it’s still really fun to watch in kind of a different way.

Zero Effect. The movie that made me forget all the crap that Bill Pullman had been in. 'Course, he then followed it up with more crap.

Perfect! Well, ok, there’s no way I could have stopped at that point.

Zero Effect and NIMH added (haven’t seen that second one in decades). Thanks.

I get “not enough bandwidth” errors. Will be hooking up ethernet sometime.

I just upgraded my DSL to 6.0 mega-whats-its on Friday basically because of Netflix.

So for those who have already been using Netflix’s insty-watch service for a while, about how often do they add new movies?

Edit: Man, this service has too many crappy sequels without the originals. Force Ten from Navarone? No thanks! Where’s Guns, though?!

They seem to have large dumps of every 6-8 weeks or so with random stuff added in between.

Guns of Navarone used to be available. If it’s not listed, their contract for it must have expired.

Whee! They have episodes of “Galactica 1980” on there as well.

Skip right to episode 10: “The return of Starbuck”, which is the only watchable one of the entire series.