Neuroshima Hex - February league

Ok, I worked out a way to make a fair random tool:

http://www.random.org/integers/?num=2&min=1&max=9&col=1&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.vesper1

Use this URL, which will generate 2 numbers between 1-9. The first number corresponds to your team. The second is your opponents team. The last part of that URL, change to “id.YOURNAME#” where you use your username (or whatever as long as it’s consistent) followed by the game number you are playing. So for my first game I use id.vesper1, for my 8th game I use id.vesper8. This makes the randomness verifiable. In the event that the default id gives you 2 of the same number, add on a suffix of your choice (id.vesper1a).

Team Numbers:

1. Borgo
  2. Moloch
  3. Outpost
  4. Hegemony
  5. NeoJungle
  6. New York
  7. Smart
  8. Vegas
  9. Steel Police

Whoa, fancy! What if we trusted each other instead of changing the url every time? Could you make a sort of permalink that would generate two new random numbers every time?

My random number generator is a hat and nine pieces of paper. Seems to have worked well…for my opponents.

A bowler or a top hat?

Yes, sure could. Much less complicated. :)

Here you go:
http://www.random.org/integers/?num=2&min=1&max=7&col=1&base=10&format=plain&rnd=new

Put me in this camp, fwiw. W/ Feb. already a short month, it makes sense to go easy and get started, while figuring out how to work the complicated plan into a workable state for March.

My wargamer hat. I don’t have a dedicated NH hat…yet.

All right, thanks for the feedback, the random number generator link, and the hat picture! Let’s start.

Updating the original post now…

Vesper’s link is in place, and the FAQ is updated! Challenge at will, folks.

I’ll start by challenging Vesper and Joe Bolt, using…

3 - Green (me)
5 - Jungle (Vesper)

and

5 - Jungle (me)
4 - Yellow (Joe)

uh good god who said we should do random wtf

I have 3 slots open if anyone wants to challenge me!

Please name your games meaningful stuff like:

AT (j) vs Joe (y)

so that your opponent doesn’t have to run to the thread to figure out what team he is playing.

Edit: When I created my games, I realized that I didn’t have the list of armies in the order they appear on the screen, so I changed the list appropriately, which created slightly different matchups than I originally posted.

Dave that link in the first post is wrong. It should have a max of 9, not 7. I just came up with some pairings at I threw away after I noticed it was never getting Vegas and Steel Police.

Challenges:

MrDannimal (Yellow) v. Ananab Tilps (Jungle)
MrDannimal (Vegas) v. Vesper (Steel Police)

Fixed!

Sent out invites to Astrolad, mayochai,and pop58.

I’m having some problems with multiple apple devices so the challenge from Vesper did not go through. Will re-send challenge.

Mayachoi (yellow) - Vesper (white)

I noticed you showed up twice in the user list with different NH usernames. Maybe I sent the challenge to the wrong one.

I’m gonna make a game with Trung so he can show me turn by turn how he’s going to dismantle me:

8 - Me as Vegas
6 - Trung as New York

Sounds like a fun one!

Challenge: pop(Borgo) v. Mayachoi(Jungle)

I think may have sent you two identical challenges. Please accept one and decline the other.

Challenge: pop(Outpost) v. Joe Bolt(Hegemony)

Challenge: pop(Smart) v Jay(New York)

Challenge: pop(Borgo) v Dave(Moloch).