Neuroshima Hex - September league

Joe Bolt is champion of the September league!

[B]Finals[/B]

[1] A.o.D
[3] Joe Bolt wins!

--------------------

[B]Semifinals[/B]

[1] A.o.D wins!
[4] prolix

[2] Ananab Tilps
[3] Joe Bolt wins!

[B]Previous winners[/B]

Lantz
soondifferent
Tim James
Dave Perkins

[B]

If you’d like to play, it’s never too late to join! Just send me a PM that includes your Game Center name.[/B]

Key: Each player’s number of wins is given for each team. The maximum number of wins with a team is 9. Each loss is marked with an x. See the FAQ in post 2 for scoring rules.

B = Borgo (Blue)
R = Moloch (Red)
G = Outpost (Green)
Y = The Hegemony (Yellow)
J = Neojungle (Olive)
N = New York (Violet)
S = Smart (White)
V = Vegas (Brown)

B R G Y J N S V Losses

A.o.D. (A.o.D)                    [B]+16[/B] | 2 4 0 1 1 1 0 0 [+5] [+2] [+1] x
Dave Perkins (Ananab Tilps)        [B]+8[/B] | 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 2 [+5] [+1] xxxxxxxx
Joe Bolt (josephbolt22)           [B] +7[/B] | 1 2 1 1 0 0 1 2 [+5] [+2] [+1] xxxxxxxxx
prolix (unprolix)                  [B]+6[/B] | 1 2 0 1 0 1 1 0 [+2] xxxx
Hereafter (Thenafter)              [B]+5[/B] | 1 1 2 1 0 0 3 0 [+5] [+2] xxxxxxxxxx
dannimal                           [B]+3[/B] | 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 [+1] xxx
Vesper                             [B]+0[/B] | 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 xxxxx
jaygittings                        [B]-2[/B] | 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 xxx
Justin Fletcher                    [B]-7[/B] | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 xxxxxxx

Jorune (jorune2112)               0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Kyle700                           0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Boojum (Hadrosauron)              0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Mini-Cyn (Xenocide08)             0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  
RainRaven                         0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Volksy (Tarheel1967)              0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Vincent19 (Mageical)              0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
VendoViper                        0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  
fumanstu (fumanstu27)             0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Mark Gray (Mr Sweetie)            0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
soondifferent (soonanother)       0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Octagus (rabidmoth)               0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 

FAQ

Q: How do I challenge someone?
A: Create a private game in Neuroshima Hex. Please give the game a name that indicates who is playing. Choose the Game Center icon and pick the person from your friends list. Click Ready before you quit the Create Game screen. The deadline for challenges is the night of September 25 at 2:45am EST.

Q: Who can I challenge, and with what team?
A: Anyone you want, and with any team! You do not have to post your challenges; we will assume that if you challenge another player in the league, then the game counts. Winners should report the results in bold, including which team won the match.

Q: Is the list ranked?
A: Only in a ballpark way.

Q: Will there be a winner?
A: There will! We will have a brief playoff at the end of the month, and crown a champion. See below.

Q: Why is there a maximum number of wins with each team?
A: Because reach for the stars!

Q: How will we be rated at the end of the month?
A: Your final ranking will be the total of your wins minus your losses, with the following bonuses applied:

[+5] Pull off a win with five different teams
[+4] Be the only person to have won with a certain team
[+3] Be the first to nine wins with a certain team
[+2] Defeat last month's champion (Dave Perkins)
[+1] Defeat last month's runner-up (Prolix)

Q: Will the playoffs be fun?
A: The top four players (who have played at least six games) by ranking (with ties broken by most recent match between the parties) will enter a single-elimination playoff, with the higher seed choosing to make the challenge or be challenged. Oh, and yes – fun!

My best guess, based on last month’s play, is that players above the horizontal line in the rankings are the most active, so can safely be challenged. Players below the line should maybe take the initiative at first just so we know that they want to play.

Joe Bolt (red) over Hereafter (white) 7 to 0, was able to pin the HQ and keep the attacks going(got some good draws on my end). Even though there was a zero it went until final battle. Good game.

I hate air raid so much when playing as the Smart :-)

Hereafter, apologize for letting our fun game lapse. I was away all weekend, but thought I’d be home in time to catch it! Am happy to play a rematch for the league.

Being JUST under the line, please know that I try to be fairly active in playing. :) Challenges are welcome!

Moved you above it! :)

Joe Bolt (blue) over AT (brown) 14 to 13, the usual one pointer (except those games where he wipes the floor with me). Good game! (+2 for AT)

Like that happened like one time! Great game.

No problem Dave. It’s only fun if I was winning which in this case I was not ;)

I just barely edged Vesper 18-17, Vegas over Borgo, but I think it’s a holdover from last month. Let me know if I’m wrong, Vesper.

Hereafter (moloch) def Justin fletcher (Vegas)

Tough game and tough matchup in general I think. I made sure nothing could be aime back at my HQvand slowly chipped away at JF’s life. Final score 19-15.

It’s from last month - but a darn good game! That literally came down to the last turn.

Yep. Vegas games always seem to go that way.

Joe Bolt (white) over AT (yellow) 4 to 0, AT was drafting his fantasy team and not giving 100% effort. (and I still barely won, but I’ll take it!) (+2 for AT)

Joe Bolt (violet) over prolix (brown) 18 to 15, was able to hit early then turtle, good game. (+1 for prolix)

prolix (moloch) over hereafter (neojungle) 8-2

Hereafter got both of his poisoners on me early, but I was able to turtle and disrupt his motherland enough to outlast him. Good game.

Dave. The guy who bested me in the tourney from pocket tactics wants to join but Tom isn’t approving him for some reason.

I don’t know Tom that well. Is anything you can do? I don’t think he is an internetz hackerz and seems pretty nice.

I’m not sure how the approval process works. At best, I could write him an private message, but I’m not sure if I’d be bothering Tom if I did. He hates Summoner Wars as it is!

Maybe you should PM Tom and tell him that this guy wants to play Guild Wars 2 with us? :)