New American Godzilla Movie

Agreed about the tiny arms. Come on now, it’s Godzilla. He punches stuff.

The arms are horrible, and Godzilla didn’t do much of anything and looked super stiff. I like the crazy snaggle-tooth look. I think there was a glimpse of another monster. If so, it looked too much like Godzilla himself (e.g., the skin texture).

I believe, as is the case with so many animated gifs, that strings are used for the tail :)

But man, that Godzilla just looks goofy all-around to me. Is the hate for the monster in the Matthew Broderick movie so intense they can’t bear to break away even a little from the lumpy dumpy man-in-suit style, or what?

Typically it’s guys in suits + other stuff. As TranquilityBase notes, they’ll use cranes and other devices/people to manipulate strings attached to monster parts to do “secondary” movement. King ghidorah’s flailing heads, Godzilla’s tail, etc.

Unsure if true (I don’t really see good sourcing here), but related to some of the discussion upthread:

Godzilla looks pretty bummed that he doesn’t get to have some tea.

Check out the full sized pick of the new Japanese Godzilla in the io9 blurb.

To recap:

1. arms even the other t-rexes make fun of.
  2. His neck makes up 1/4 of the length from the bottom of his torso to the top of his neck.
  3. His thighs appear to have been inspired by Rob Fucking Hell Fuck Liefield’s usual Cable’s Thighs fair.

Why am I being punished like this?

At least he’s not all furry.

-Tom

What is that I don’t even

The arms are an abomination, but the neck and thighs don’t bother me. I had a Godzilla toy as a kid that had neck and thighs quite similar.

Looks like he should cut back on the carbs a bit.

Have they shown his breath attack yet? With all that red I have a feeling they’re going to go with red rather than blue this time.

I was like WTF? A furry dragon? What have they ruined now?

but it doesnt look too bad, other than a bit lurid. It moved like a cat, which worked.

The sequel now has a director.

Krampus and Trick 'r Treat director Michael Dougherty is it now.

Also:

First trailer for King of the Monsters. Mothra, Rodan , and Gidhra!!!

So much Ghidorah gravity beams (I am sure they won’t be gravity beams in this movie, just lightning or energy or somesuch. Who cares).

Happiness is Godzilla and Ghidorah, staring out across a battered landscape. Circling. Ready to strike.

New trailer. Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra…oh yea. Eat it Pacific Rim.

I quite like that trailer.

After the Pacific Rim 2 letdown, and the fact that they’re going to screw up Godzilla vs Kong, it would be nice if this Godzilla movie was good.