New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

I can’t decide the best course of action for our fair city so I’ll pass here. @rho21

You can’t pass, you have the Main Offer.

I got unsure, but looked it up.

Oops, in that case I’ll propose Vanity Project and pledge the capital to whomever supports this fine cause.

Onwards to @rho21

Nothing great to offer right now, so Pass. @Perky_Goth

Barf, we need a medic. Even then, GG, I feel.

Err, Gentrification in 8?

Hmm, right now I have pretty much any actions available to me, but I fear it might not be enough. If anyone has any neat sequence of illlness/outage removal, please speak up!

Otherwise we might gamble for a better event, if everyone agrees. @lantz @Tim_N @rtho21 @Perky_Goth

HB is not getting close to dirty, filthy, sick people, but we can get them to work. It can also make up for some slack at the end, if we get somewhere to stick the minor protests.

Is it time for a Mandatory Quarantine? It will solve all of the illness problems, but we will need one or two rounds of just outage removal after that.

At 20, I’d think so.

I am all for mandatory quarantine as long as the gains are shared, but there is no way we can remove enough outages in time for the event. Unless we change the event, which is what I am proposing.

Yes, you’re both right. I’m not sure any other event won’t kill us, but maybe we should change the event first.

Should’ve delayed (more) and asked, because that’s two cards to the trash.

Ideally the next event should be illness, since that’s holding us back from doing anything.

I’m going to go ahead and propose Information Procurement. I think it’s our only hope of winning. @Lantz

Sorry, I am traveling, I will weigh in tonight

It is holiday week, so no stress for delays.

I have, upon review, nothing better to offer. Pass

@Tim_N

I am really tempted to counter with Mandatory Quarantine here, but I am torn between countering on rho21’s offer (which would be bad form) or throwing away an information procurement which is wasteful here. I am quite confident that there is another of those cards out there somewhere, but then I think that is too selfish.

@rho21 do you have a clear strategy for next turn?

So Information Procurement => Mandatory Quarantine => Ruthless Tactics, say? That would leave us with every single district in strike or outage next turn, and still needing to produce Energy, Credits and 3 Entertainment, but hopefully no more threat added. Trouble is that we can’t guarantee a counter-offer next turn, no matter what we do.

So maybe our better plan is to aim for main offers. Information Procurement => Ruthless Tactics => Efficiency Experts looks like the best shot. It would cost us 2 threat from illness, but get us extra production and we could hopefully still find an event that doesn’t give us threat. It would probably have to be one based on units or unrest.

@Tim_N: Either way, I think we have to have Information Procurement first as there’s no way we can survive an outage-based event and we need to know where we’re aiming.

@Jorn_Weines: if we add an outage to a district in protest, the protests are ignored, right, not kicked along the chain?

Yes, Outage tokens overwrite protests/strikes.