New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

Makes sense.

Pass

@rho21’s turn I think for support phase.

Assuming no-one wants to use any assets, one card in support of the counter-offer. I’ll be discarding cards next turn anyway.

@Perky_Goth

I assume this passes, then. Pass. @Lantz

@Jorn_Weines: I’ll use Susan Chen at the end of the turn and pass it to soond again, so we can lose by less.

Pass @Tim_N

Pass @Jorn_Weines

@Perky_Goth You only get an End of Turn step if you are the active player. But you can transfer the item to @soondifferent and have him activate it.

@soondifferent’s Counter Offer wins. I was about to resolve Unorthodox Knowledge, but Information Procurement.

So, in player order from @rowe33 you must now spend 6 Capital to reduce threat by 2.

Huh. I thought information procurement had the effects of unorthodox knowledge too. Oops.

I spend zero as I believe the wealthiest should pay their share here. @rho21

2 capital @Perky_Goth

Whaa, wait, much apologies everyone, I actually meant Unorthodox Knowledge (was talking about changing events etc.) Sorry, I got the names mixed up – Information procurement sounds a lot more fitting to the effect than unorthodox knowledge.

@Jorn_Weines

We’re clearly paying attention and not at all sleepy with our bellies and wine cups full, no sir. There must me something in the frog water we’ve been drinking!

The more embarrassing part is that no player in the game thought to correct you. I think we deserve to lose!

There is something in the water supply!

Was that a pass @Perky_Goth?

I was waiting a bit to see if we got a do over, then forgot and got the last family time of the holidays. I’ll pass to let the rich people have a go.

Sorry still a bit confused, we are (re) doing unorthodox knowledge right? So no need for capital etc?

How do people feel about a rewind?

I feel a bit ashamed for my share of rules mistakes over the game, I wonder how usual it is to do so with a new game in a forum.

About the issue at hand, we were talking about what we wanted, but got distracted with other things. It feels like one of the least egregiously stupid things we’ve done, and it doesn’t change anything played after.
What about you, @rowe33?

That’s fine with me - it’s been a pretty hectic holiday week here so I understand all the confusion!

OK, it turns out the Information Proucrement was Unorthodox Knowledge all along. @soondifferent did have both, which made the confusion possible in the first place.

I am sending the event cards now.

Knowledge unorthodoxed. Unfortunately it was a choice of suboptimal options, and ideally we should have another go to replace the upcoming event as well.

In addition to removing human first element, removing illness from high tier is essential before event.